• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, Bangladesh, Ireland

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh and Ireland have been playing a crap load of cricket too.
Though Mortaza is VERY well rested.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Syed Rasel is going to be the X factor in this entire Competition. He's Healthy Again, His FC records in England are unheard of for a Bangladeshi and he's one of the best economical bowlers in T20.

If it Swings it'll play more into Bangladesh's hands, with Rasel in.
I like this guy. Rasel FTW. :)

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
I really can't see anything other than 2 easy wins for India and Bangladesh to win a close 1 over Ireland.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dhoni has GOT TO stop coming in at 3 when you already have Raina in great form to play there... He has got to get it out of his head that he cannot come in and start hitting straight away.

And Ravindra Jadeja is not a natural stroke maker... It is difficult for him to play the big shots... He is very talented, so they may come off every now and then but it is not natural for him and there are others who are better at it than him. I would rather see him play ODIs and Tests before T20s... Looks like the #5 India may need in ODIs...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Dhoni has GOT TO stop coming in at 3 when you already have Raina in great form to play there... He has got to get it out of his head that he cannot come in and start hitting straight away.

And Ravindra Jadeja is not a natural stroke maker... It is difficult for him to play the big shots... He is very talented, so they may come off every now and then but it is not natural for him and there are others who are better at it than him. I would rather see him play ODIs and Tests before T20s... Looks like the #5 India may need in ODIs...
Whoa!!!

Saw this post somewhere else today.

Anyway AWTA.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This stage should be cake for us which is why I'm hoping we're getting as much out of the warm ups as possible. Really would hate to get into the later rounds without being properly tested. Need some adversity on the way if we're winning this.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
So after both the warm ups this is what I believe should be the team for Saturday's game

V. Sehwag
G. Gambhir
S. Raina
Y. Singh
R. Sharma
M.S. Dhoni (Please do not come earlier)
Y. Pathan
H. Singh
Z. Khan/R.P. Singh
P. Ojha
I. Sharma

Zaheer will play if he is fit, else replace with RP. That guy is also not bowling great but lets see if he can recapture the form of 2007.

Irfan Pathan should not play. His half trackers can be hit by his own mother all over the park. PK also seems to lose it under pressure (also I hate seeing him shout at everyone else after bowling the crapppiest possible delivery). In the case pitch is for seamers PK should replace Ojha.

Pretty good batting line up. Should do well if they dont become over confident.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Also seen that in the warm up matches Dhoni didn't give PK that many overs. Things point to Irfan then. Irfan without swing is not much of a bowler.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
I think India are gunna play 5 bowlers, Dhoni should bat at 6 & Pathan at 7.

3 seamers & 2 spinners should be the combination.

chris jones

Cricket Spectator
India is a very strong side in T20 and they are going to rock in this world cup too.
They have a strong batting line up as well as lot of part time and useful bowlers and they have world class fielders like Rohit,Raina and Yuvraj singh and they are placed in a such a easy group , so they have every chance to defend their championship title.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bowling doesn't look too great. Especially if Zaheer isn't fit. India have the best batting lineup by absolutely miles but no Zaheer and their attack is behind Sri Lanka's, South Africa's, Australia's, and probably even England's for me.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
This journalist is an idiot, when the hell did Ganguly and Dravid ever have a problem? I happen to know that they were best mates and were pretty much inseperable when India went on tour. Typical of the Indian media, just trying to make a scandal out of nothing to interest the casual fans.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
They're a bloody joke these indian journos...........they print any crap without any evidence. Lately they have been pestering Dhoni about Sehwag's shoulder and if he will be playing the next game. Every time they ask the question Dhoni (who's no medical expert) says it will depend on the outcome of his fitness test (or something to the like of that).............now this is not good enough for the moron journos....so they pester him every time he has a press conference..........and he keeps brushing the issue off......this time they must have asked him for the 999th time, so he told them that they could ask the physio to give out a press release................the moron journos now make the story out to be a rift between Sehwag and Dhoni......because it just could not be that Dhoni is mad at their stupid questions........so he has to be hiding something......and that directly means that he has had a showdown with Sehwag. See how easy it is 2 +2 = 7

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
This journalist is an idiot, when the hell did Ganguly and Dravid ever have a problem? I happen to know that they were best mates and were pretty much inseperable when India went on tour. Typical of the Indian media, just trying to make a scandal out of nothing to interest the casual fans.
if indian media can bite their own cricket team, no wonder why they tried to show in 2007 world cup that BOB WOOLMER was killed by someone from Pakistani team
they can say anything

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
even if there is some prob between players, it must be discussed after the tournamment
INDIA VS BANGLADESH
any predictions?????
India will win easily???
or Bangladesh will give them some trouble???

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh will put up a fight with their batting. Though Shakib is the only real threat in the bowling so India will probably be able to score too much.