• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Why does Pakistan keep playing Shahid Afridi higher up the order against India? Its ridiculous. The guy last scored useful runs in April 2005 when he scored, in three consecutive ODI innings in India, 40(23 balls), 102(46 balls) and 44 (23 balls). Its been four years since then and in ODI's he has scored 17, 18, 19, 0, 31, 29no, 12, 1, 23, 10 n0 and 9.

In T-20's he has scored 7 and 0 (in a grand total of 10 balls).

The guy is not doing it any more and the Indians DO NOT "quake-in-their-boots" at the sights of the Pathan at the crease.

As for why Afridi is not doing better with the bat, I have a theory. I think (and remember its just a theory) Afridi has decided that his one claim to fame is his strike rate of 110 + in ODI'd and 150 + in T-20 games. So he is going to ensure that he leaves these strike rates at these levels even if it means averaging just 10.0 in ODI's and 6.0 in T-20's as long as these are done in 9 and 4 balls (on average) per innings respectively.

He has understood that this will keep the Pakistani fan happy and in love with him and his legend - the team and its needs be damned.
Sir, no cricketer would want to play for himself
remember the days when tendulkar or dravid used to be on 90's in the 40th over, & they reached centuries in 46th over after that???
remembered that?
did that mean they wanted to have records rather than thinking about team?????????
now i can see guys like sehwag, if they are on 90, hit a sixer & a four & that's it
with Afridi, he can't do anything playing slowly, he doesn't have the technique to play properly
all he can do is to try to hit
he's a full time bowler now, that's what he was in the team for, when he started his career
he was sent up the order to hit
he failed
that is it

jeevan

International 12th Man
Sir, no cricketer would want to play for himself
remember the days when tendulkar or dravid used to be on 90's in the 40th over, & they reached centuries in 46th over after that???
remembered that?
did that mean they wanted to have records rather than thinking about team?????????
now i can see guys like sehwag, if they are on 90, hit a sixer & a four & that's it
with Afridi, he can't do anything playing slowly, he doesn't have the technique to play properly
all he can do is to try to hit
he's a full time bowler now, that's what he was in the team for, when he started his career
he was sent up the order to hit
he failed
that is it
Don't remember those. Can you remind us?
(In ODI scores above 80 Tendulkar's strike rate is 96 and Dravid's is 90).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, not sure how serious this post was. Will leave the bizarre suggestions alone and just correct the factual errors: South Africa would have taken the test number one spot had they won the dead rubber at Sydney, and they weren't behind on first innings in the second test- they had a 50+ run lead.
No, they weren't behind on first innings, but Australia was in a dominant position at one stage. All to South Africa's credit that they got up and won from there, but it wasn't a case of SA being on top all the way through the series.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Don't remember those. Can you remind us?
(In ODI scores above 80 Tendulkar's strike rate is 96 and Dravid's is 90).
Tendukar's strike rate is no more than 90 i think, & Dravid's strike rate i guess is 75 at most
but i'm none to say anything about them, what i know is Afridi plays for the team, always Captain says him go & play the way you want

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
No, they weren't behind on first innings, but Australia was in a dominant position at one stage. All to South Africa's credit that they got up and won from there, but it wasn't a case of SA being on top all the way through the series.
yeah true
dominate performance can be called something like what Australia does with Pakistan in tests lol

shivfan

Banned
Still no Gayle. Windies don't want 150+.
To be fair, this was just a warmup, and the day before Gayle had hit 88 not out against Ireland....

In the final warmup, it made sense to give the other batsmen in the squad a good chance with the bat. It's not Gayle's fault that most of them failed!
:laugh:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
To be fair, this was just a warmup, and the day before Gayle had hit 88 not out against Ireland....

In the final warmup, it made sense to give the other batsmen in the squad a good chance with the bat. It's not Gayle's fault that most of them failed!
:laugh:
lol

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Certainly, it was an excellent series and it's easy to forget just how hard-fought it was. The bizarre suggestion was that it really didn't matter that much :huh:.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Authentic birth records, collaborated by photos etc.

Shouldnt be replying to this, but what the heck.
oh really???????
Virat Kohli looked 19 when India won under 19 world cup???????
i just don't want to go into this