• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Twenty20

The Winner?

• Bangladesh?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England?

• Ireland?

• Netherlands?

• Sri Lanka?

• West Indies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howsie

International Captain
IPL Stats

Jayasuriya: 18th highest run scorer in IPL
221 @ 20.09 SR 116
Dilshan: 7th highest run scorer in IPL
329 @ 42.12 SR 120
Sangakkara: 8th highest run scorer in IPL
325 @ 32.50 SR 103
Jayawardene: 19th highest run scorer in IPL
219 @ 36.50 SR 132.72

Out of the top 20 by country:
Australia 3 Hayden, Gilchrist, Hodge
England 0
India 8 Raina, Yuvraj, Sharma, Tendulkar, Jadeja, Dhoni, Kathik, Y Pathan
New Zealand 0
Pakistan 0
South Africa 4 AB, Duminy, Kallis, Gibbs
Sri Lanka 4 Dilshan, Sanga, Jayasuriya, Jayawardene
West Indies 1 Bravo

Best batsman besides the top 20?
R Taylor
A Symonds
M van Wyk
M Boucher
Ravi Bopara is better then Boucher and Van Wyk. And the IPL isn't international cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ravi Bopara is better then Boucher and Van Wyk. And the IPL isn't international cricket.
I would take Boucher over Bopara.

Also the IPL is probably the most competitive T20 domestic cricket league in the world, to ignore the results of it would be highly counter productive.

Howsie

International Captain
I would take Boucher over Bopara.

Also the IPL is probably the most competitive T20 domestic cricket league in the world, to ignore the results of it would be highly counter productive.
Maybe, but do you really think that many players would actually care that much. Playing for your country would bring the best out of you, playing in the IPL is a bit of a joke really.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Maybe, but do you really think that many players would actually care that much. Playing for your country would bring the best out of you, playing in the IPL is a bit of a joke really.
Depends if players like money or not? You don't get a full pay if you are on the bench and if you play poorly your contract won't be renewed. I doubt they don't try their best.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka have a solid lineup but really lack firepower. You would fancy asking them to bat first and keeping them to 130-140 which will make it a lot easier to pick and choose which of their bowlers to go after and when to go after them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sri Lanka have a solid lineup but really lack firepower. You would fancy asking them to bat first and keeping them to 130-140 which will make it a lot easier to pick and choose which of their bowlers to go after and when to go after them.
Yeah if they had a young Jayasuriya they'd be a far more potent team.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just got tickets for the big one, Ireland vs. Bangladesh at Trent Bridge on June 8th.

Apparently i also get to see some other match involving some yellow or green team and an island near India. I guess they couldn't get any sold for that one so they lumped them together with the main event.