• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win it this time around ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shri

Mr. Glass
Its unpredictable once it comes to the knockout stage.

I guess this Indian side will be the side to beat in the competition.

V. Sehwag
G. Gambhir
S. Raina
Y. Singh
M. Dhoni
Y. Pathan
I. Pathan
H. Singh
Z. Khan
P. Kumar
I. Sharma / M. Patel (Not convinced about Sharma's bowling in ODIs and T20s)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm backing the Pakistanis; somewhat a feel-good story considering how little cricket they've played together recently. And also, it would really suit the enigmatic cricketing history of the nation.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh @ the deluded NZ fans.

India and SA are the favourites. Although I dunno if the conditions will suit either of them particularly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Heh @ the deluded NZ fans.

India and SA are the favourites. Although I dunno if the conditions will suit either of them particularly.
We're in the top 4-5 and T20 is a lottery. Only one thing is for sure, England are going to fail massively.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
All the teams outside of England and Bangladesh have a chance. Not sure how Pakistan and Sri Lanka go in this form. Have seen Australia, South Africa, West Indies, England and New Zealand.

inbox24

International Debutant
Definitely on form at the moment it's going to be either South Africa or India. India's middle order can be inconsistent and unstable at times if their Gambhir, Sehwag guns get broken, so went with SA.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Definitely on form at the moment it's going to be either South Africa or India. India's middle order can be inconsistent and unstable at times if their Gambhir, Sehwag guns get broken, so went with SA.
On form India lost 2-0 to New Zealand recently. :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, my reasons exactly.

pasag

RTDAS
If anything SA are about on par with Australia & NZ, with India ahead of those two. The only thing that might hold India back is their bowling which isn't bad, but it's nothing special but their batting'll be good enough to get them home. One of the reasons India will win is because they'll select the best team for the format, not all other sides will.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We're in the top 4-5 and T20 is a lottery. Only one thing is for sure, England are going to fail massively.
In terms of winning a World Cup New Zealand don't have it in them.

If it's a semi-final you've got a team like India, SA, Australia and so on they'll play somewhere near the top of their game - NZ don't have the quality to match it. You are not going to win with mediocrity. If it was held in WI then you might get slow rubbish to negate all the quality on show, but not here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In terms of winning a World Cup New Zealand don't have it in them.

If it's a semi-final you've got a team like India, SA, Australia and so on they'll play somewhere near the top of their game - NZ don't have the quality to match it. You are not going to win with mediocrity. If it was held in WI then you might get slow rubbish to negate all the quality on show, but not here.
In T20 you only need a guy like McCullum, Ryder or Taylor to score some quick runs to win a match making the difference in quality between the teams far far less than it would be in a one day match. Though I'd agree we'd hardly be favorites in an encounter against any of those sides (pending Australia's selections and form, been some shockers lately)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England are hardly hopeless at home. They need conditions that favour bowling because they'll have trouble setting massive totals, but if they get them I'd fancy their attack to do a good job more often than not.

Hopefully they lose to Netherlands in the first round though.