• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win it this time around ?

Who will win it this time around ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
it's very simple
one said Pakistan 'll win cuz he's a Pakistani
2nd one said newzealand 'll win cuz he's from newzealand
i would also say Pakistan 'll win it, cuz i would want this to happen
lol

Flem274*

123/5
it's very simple
one said Pakistan 'll win cuz he's a Pakistani
2nd one said newzealand 'll win cuz he's from newzealand
i would also say Pakistan 'll win it, cuz i would want this to happen
lol
Haha yeah its what I am suspecting, but was interested in any semi-excuses they had.:happy:

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
I lol'd.

Any other thoughts on reasons why your respective countries will win gentlemen? :p

Welcome to the forums btw.
Nah I summed it up beautifully, thanks for asking though.

Good to see someone as warm and comforting as you on here.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Would have India as favourites but think any of India, SA, Australia, SL and Pakistan could win it. West Indies and NZ are chances to make the semis but can't see them winning it. England, Bangladesh and the rest have no chance

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Would have India as favourites but think any of India, SA, Australia, SL and Pakistan could win it. West Indies and NZ are chances to make the semis but can't see them winning it. England, Bangladesh and the rest have no chance
i guess England have chances of winning it too, saw england vs Westindies 3rd ODI
shah & prior were good
so if pietersen gets fit & these 3 fire in t20 championship, they can really 've a good time

SockMock

Cricket Spectator
India are pretty bad at T20 tbh.
Your comment is downright nonsensical. You need to cut down on what you've been smoking. Try beating the batting line-up that boasts of Sehwag, Gambhir (even though they out of form, all they need is one match to strike gold), Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj, Raina and MS Dhoni. Bowling looks a bit vulnerable, with Zaheer's injury worries. But RP Singh and Ojha are in good shape, great form. Overall, India is one of the top 3 favorites, if not the favorite, to win the tournament.

And they are the defending champions, too.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I somewhat feel doubtful that Pak will go the distance.
If Shahid has fun and doesnt get out for 4 after slogging he can do well as can Akmal, Nazir, Malik, Yousuf and Younus Khan I reckon if some of them play.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I want India to win but the thing that worries me is the over confidence of the team. Sehwag need to go on, 5 ball cameos count for nothing. Others should also understand this. I hope we dont repeat what we did in NZ.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
SA are the most complete side, possibly the best fielding unit ever, but India have a tad more batting firepower than them, if Sehwag actually fires no one in the world can match him in this format against international bowlers. Will back India out of pride, but my brain's telling me South Africa. Also Lee and Johnson opening for Austrlalia scares the sh*t out of me, and Symonds could easily save the Aussie top order's blushes.

pasag

RTDAS
Starting to jump on the SL bandwagon. They have an awesome bowling line up - they have 12 overs where it'll be virtually impossible to score off if they use Malinga at the death. Basically you get strangled by M&M and then are forced to score off Malinga's toe crushes as you're trying to lift the run rate. If Dilshan can carry over his IPL form and Jayasuriya and co can maintain some consistency, I think they're in with a very good shout.

pasag

RTDAS
SA are the most complete side, possibly the best fielding unit ever, but India have a tad more batting firepower than them, if Sehwag actually fires no one in the world can match him in this format against international bowlers. Will back India out of pride, but my brain's telling me South Africa. Also Lee and Johnson opening for Austrlalia scares the sh*t out of me, and Symonds could easily save the Aussie top order's blushes.
Is the SA fielding side even better than the Australian one?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Gibbs, Duminy, DeVilliers, that's probably the best infield ever, they'll probably produce a run out a match which is pretty big. one more of that class and it would be almost unpenetrable. Their bowlers are all decent to good fielders too. Their worst fielder is probably Smith or Kallis, who at least have safe pairs of hands. I'd take the SA fielding unit over the Australian one which while very good doesn't have the brilliance of the Saffer unit.

pasag

RTDAS
Gibbs, Duminy, DeVilliers, that's probably the best infield ever, they'll probably produce a run out a match which is pretty big. one more of that class and it would be almost unpenetrable. Their bowlers are all decent to good fielders too. Their worst fielder is probably Smith or Kallis, who at least have safe pairs of hands. I'd take the SA fielding unit over the Australian one which while very good doesn't have the brilliance of the Saffer unit.
I dunno, you have Johnson and Lee which are two of the best bowling fielders in the game then Ponting, Clarke and Symonds which are all great in their own right and Warner has been a very handy addition - probably the best fielder of the IPL. Don't think there's anything in it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith and Kallis aren't especially mobile, but they're still good fielders. In tests I'd have them second and third behind De Villiers because slip catching is the most important area of the field, but in T20 they're not so valuable. Definitely not a liability though.

South Africa's worst fielder with Ntini gone is probably Albie Morkel. None of them miss many catches to my awareness but Albertus has a notoriously weak arm. The likes of Parnell, Abdulla, van der Merve and Morne Morkel i haven't seen enough of to say.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starting to jump on the SL bandwagon. They have an awesome bowling line up - they have 12 overs where it'll be virtually impossible to score off if they use Malinga at the death. Basically you get strangled by M&M and then are forced to score off Malinga's toe crushes as you're trying to lift the run rate. If Dilshan can carry over his IPL form and Jayasuriya and co can maintain some consistency, I think they're in with a very good shout.
Yea they comfortably have the best bowling attack, batting and fielding is nothing special though. You would fancy a top opposing side to win if they can manage a moderate total.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dunno, you have Johnson and Lee which are two of the best bowling fielders in the game then Ponting, Clarke and Symonds which are all great in their own right and Warner has been a very handy addition - probably the best fielder of the IPL. Don't think there's anything in it.
The thing is, Ponting and Clarke haven't what they were in the field recently. De Villiers and Duminy are at the level of those guys at their peak (if not even better, de Villiers is as good a fielder as I've seen since Jonty). Herschelle Gibbs has dropped off a little too, mind.

I'm not sure how much value players like Johnson and Lee are. They might keep batsmen down to one rather than two with their strong arm but I'm not sure they'll take a match-changing catch or stunning run-out. Good outfielding is crucial but it's more about being solid under high catches than being athletic.

ret

International Debutant
this is how the groups E and F are likely to be in case there are no upsets early on

Grp E - Aus, Eng, Ind and SA

Grp F - BD, NZ, Pak and SL

with the best two teams from each grp going to the semis [if I m not wrong]

pasag

RTDAS
I was 100% sure India would win. Thought never came into my head that they wouldn't make the semis. Feel a bit foolish itbt.