• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win it this time around ?

Who will win it this time around ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McCullum, *if* he actually turns up against the top teams going full pelt and has a bit of luck is only going to get you part of the way there. His half-centuries against international sides in T20 have been a lot more sedate.

I really can't see NZ's bowling being that economical, not in a high intensity game. In England you typically get scores of around 170-180 anyway. In a knock-out match I think NZ will be looking at chasing 200 and that'll be game over.

Athlai

Not Terrible
McCullum, *if* he actually turns up against the top teams going full pelt and has a bit of luck is only going to get you part of the way there. His half-centuries against international sides in T20 have been a lot more sedate.

I really can't see NZ's bowling being that economical, not in a high intensity game. In England you typically get scores of around 170-180 anyway. In a knock-out match I think NZ will be looking at chasing 200 and that'll be game over.
:huh:
Vettori is arguably the most economical T20 bowler in the world.
NZ on average have an RPO of 7.92 bowling (that means we usually concede around 160 runs a match)

They also have played 21 T20I (the most)
8 of which were against Aus, SA and India
Against these teams only their average increase to 8.19!

(Oh Sri Lanka concedes 9.30
England 9.04
South Africa 8.42
Pakistan 8.30
WI 8.14
Aus 7.90
India 7.14)

Only once have we conceded 200+ runs and that was in our first match (also the first T20I), against Australia.

Flem274*

123/5
Why are we arguing with Scaly about NZ? I don't think he'll ever stop having a chip on his shoulder after an NZer had *** with his girlfrie....stop holding his opinion.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ on average have an RPO of 7.92 bowling (that means we usually concede around 160 runs a match)

England 9.04
South Africa 8.42
Pakistan 8.30
WI 8.14
Aus 7.90
India 7.14)

Only once have we conceded 200+ runs and that was in our first match (also the first T20I), against Australia.

That's because NZ have played on typically more awkward pitches, same with West Indies. English pitches generally are high scoring but good bowlers will still get people out. The other reason is New Zealand play to a consistent, flat level. They don't raise their game or play half-heartedly so much like other sides do. That's why they're decent generally but a good performance will beat them - which will inevitably happen in a World Cup somewhere along the line.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

England 9.04
South Africa 8.42
Pakistan 8.30
WI 8.14
Aus 7.90
India 7.14)

Arguably? He either is or he isn't! :p

who is the joker who voted for england?
:cool:

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm surprised nobody has even suggested or voted for the Sri Lankans. Sure they are not in the best form but I wouldn't count them out of it. Just because of that I think I will vote for them in this poll.

For me India won't win. Repeat victories have never been our thing and I don't think we can replicate the success of 2007. I'd love to see us do it though but it's a long shot at best. I think South Africa, Australia and India will make the Semi Finals but I'm leaning towards Sri Lanka for the victory.

Redbacks

International Captain
The sub continent teams seem to have a much better philosophy on how to play T20. India/Pak/SL to win it.

Steulen

International Regular
SA

Boring choice, but the conditions will not suit the subcontinental teams, Australia have lost the plot, and the rest isn't good enough.

Having said that, I'm backing NZ as the dark horse. So a final between SA and NZ, with SA winning.

jondavluc

State Regular
I went with India even though my gut feeling says they will miss out this time.Their side on paper looks the best.

rahul_m

Cricket Spectator
I think India, SA are certainties for semis. Sri Lanka, New Zealand or Pakistan could fill up the remaining slots imo.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
I think it'll be a South Africa vs India final if it can work out that way too.

I'd like Sri Lanka or New Zealand to win if England don't (hey, we might!).

It's bound to be Australia though, lets face it.