• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian squad announced

inbox24

International Debutant
The team, according to John Buchanan:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Hodge
Symonds
Dussey
Ferguson
Crosthwaite
Warne
Harris
Nannes
Harwood

... and we'd still have Carseldine, Hughes and Warner on the bench.

This team could rule the tournament I reckon.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

Gilchrist
Hayden
Hodge
Symonds
Dussey
Ferguson
Crosthwaite
Warne
Harris
Nannes
Harwood

I don't think Buchanan had winning the tournament in mind.

"If I was a selector I would not be risking, wherever possible, key Ashes players such as Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Hughes, Haddin, Watson, Clark, Katich, Siddle, Johnson," he told the Age. "Have them embark on a combination of rest, physical and then technical preparation for the Ashes while this tournament is underway."

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds and Lee both showing last night what they can do. I thought Lee bowled really well and mixed it up nicely. Symonds dominated everyone except Lee after he hit that first 6 in an awesome display.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Symonds and Lee both showing last night what they can do. I thought Lee bowled really well and mixed it up nicely. Symonds dominated everyone except Lee after he hit that first 6 in an awesome display.
Yeah a couple of impressive performances from key personal for Australia last night. Lee has always been a good T20 bowler, just prone to the occasional expensive innings. The more overs he can get into himself the better right now. Was bowling pretty quick last night, backed up his performance against Pakistan.

Josh

International Regular

Gilchrist
Hayden
Hodge
Symonds
Dussey
Ferguson
Crosthwaite
Warne
Harris
Nannes
Harwood

Trouble.

Josh

International Regular
Lol, forgot Gilly could keep. Replace Crosthwaite with a bench player.
Crosthwaite a decent bloody keeper tho :p just wish his batting was as consistent as it used to be before he was given the state call-up!