• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your 20/20 WC Squad?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Full strength side

Guptill
McCullum
Ryder
Taylor
Broom
Oram
N. McCullum
Vettori
Mills
Butler
O'Brien

McGlashan (5/6/7 depending on form and on injuries inc. McCullum)
Patel (depends on how crap people are bowling)
Franklin (5/6/7 depending on conditions)
Southee (see Patel)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Why Asnodkar and Dhawan instead of Uthappa and Kohli?
Maybe Uthappa over Asnodkar, just about. They haven't had any T20 action since the IPL. Asnodkar did better in the IPL, so he got the nod, though Uthappa's recent form, albeit in FC matches, should get him slightly ahead as a reserve opener. I thought Kohli is too young and fresh to be exposed to this extreme form of cricket- let him get settled as a first-class batsman instead. In the IPL again, Kohli tried to play it too much like T20, getting out cheaply time and again. It might affect his batting. On the other hand, Dhawan has looked a lot more secure, and batted smartly.

FBU

International Debutant
England

1 Mustard
2 Wright
3 Pietersen
4 Shah
5 Malan
6 Collingwood
7 Napier
8 Mascarenhas
9 Swann
10 Broad
11 Anderson

Julian87

State Captain
1 Dave Warner
2 Brad Hodge
3 Ricky Ponting
4 David Hussey
5 Andrew Symonds
6 George Bailey
7 James Hopes
8 Mitchell Johnson
9 Shane Harwood
10 Nathan Bracken
11 Peter Siddle

12 Callum Ferguson
13 Nathan Hauritz
14 Ben Laughlin
15 Brett Geeves

Batting nets for
Michael Clarke and Michael Hussey

I've heard Warner can keep as well....

Julian87

State Captain
1 Dave Warner
2 Shane Watson
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Brad Hodge
5 David Hussey
6 Andrew Symonds
7 Brad Haddin
8 Mitchell Johnson
9 Brett Lee
10 Nathan Bracken
11 Peter Siddle/Nathan Hauritz(depending on how plays would see a shuffle in bat order)

12 Nathan Hauritz/Peter Siddle
13 Michael Clarke
14 Brett Geeves
15 James Hopes/Cameron White

Julian87

State Captain
And who has just collected a big fat paycheck and who still wants to play ODIs...

It would be nice, but I admit its unlikely.

Depends whether we want to win or develop. We could take the piss and send the ex U-19s playing FC cricket, would back a few to cause damage too. They would lose heavily overall of course...

Full strength side

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Broom
Oram
N. McCullum
Vettori
Mills
Butler
O'Brien

Elliott
Thompson (he got smashed in an ODI but still...:p)
Patel (think McCullum is the better 20/20 player, but for normal cricket Patel is better)
Some batsman, probably Pinga...kidding, kidding, ummm Cumming? Kidding....I'll just go Styris.
Southee for Thompson and I agree 100%.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
England

1 Mustard
2 Wright
3 Pietersen
4 Shah
5 Malan
6 Collingwood
7 Napier
8 Mascarenhas
9 Swann
10 Broad
11 Anderson
is this really going to happen?-the english selectors seem to worse than the indian selectors.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
for Australia:

Warner (not with any conviction however)
Haddin
Ponting
D.Hussey
Watson (if fully fit)
Clarke
White
Johnson
Lee
Siddle
Bracken

M.Hussey
Hopes
Tait (and/or) Hilfenhouse

I've left out Symonds because I'm presuming the selectors will, however if he is available and selectors are willing to consider him then he comes in for Hopes. Also wasn't sure of squad size (15 seems excessive).

Would be just as happy to see Marsh in for Warner. Also be happy to see Mussey not in the squad as I think the balance would be best with only 2 of Ponting (he's capt), Clarke (bowling option and just shades Huss in field) and Hussey.

I do hope Symonds is available, because he is a player than can boost our batting, bowling and fielding. I think it is in the area of bowling that he would make the biggest improvement to the team as he would be a much better bowler than whichever batsman he replaced.

I think we have the cattle, but its hard to be sure as we never ever play our best side.

now that a heapa blokes abeen tried, I guess we can play our best team, see which areas need finetuning and then bring in whoever would best rectify the problems. (DO we have any games before then to do this? Pak perhaps?)

:)

Howsie

International Captain
I'm just trying to think of guys that haven't played for NZ before that could be included in this team. Is Colin De Grandhome available for NZ, because he could be a very useful 20/20 player. The Bowling attack would probaly consist of Kyle Mills, Dan Vettori, and Jacob Oram. If Daryl Tuffey get's out of the ICL he will be there, and I'm guessing Southee and O''Brien will be there.

My Team:

1.Brendon McCullum(WK)
2.Jesse Ryder
3.Martin Guptill
4.Ross Taylor
5.Peter McGlashan
6.Jacob Oram
7.Kyle Mills
8.Daniel Vettori(C)
9.Tim Southee
10.Daryl Tuffey
11.Iain O"Brien

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
1.Brendon McCullum(WK)
2.Jesse Ryder
3.Martin Guptill
4.Ross Taylor
5.Peter McGlashan
6.Jacob Oram
7.Kyle Mills
8.Daniel Vettori(C)
9.Tim Southee
10.Daryl Tuffey
11.Iain O"Brien
I'd like to see:

1. J Ryder
2. B McCullum+
3. M Guptill
4. R Taylor
5. N Broom
6. J Oram
7. N McCullum
8. D Vettori*
9. I Butler
10. J Patel
11. I O'Brien

12. E Thompson
13. K Mills
14. G Elliott
15. R Nicol

NZ Domestic T20 leading run scorers and leading wicket takers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
My unbiased squad for T20 WC.:p

Virender Sehwag
Gautham Gambhir
Robin Uthappa
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Yusuf Pathan
Ravindra Jadeja
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Praveen Kumar
Ishant Sharma
Mohnish Parmar
Rohit Sharma / some new guy who has a good and consistent IPL season this year.

dothestrand

Cricket Spectator
England selected Maddy, Kirtley, Schofield, Snape and Solanki for the WC; players who hadn't been international regulars for some time. I could see the point to an extent in picking experienced 20/20 domestic players but international cricket's a different kind of ball game altogether. I don't think the 20/20 squad needs to be too different from the ODI squad in all honesty.

Batsmen: Strauss, Pietersen, Malan, Bell or Bopara, Shah
All rounders: Collingwood, Mascarenhas, Flintoff, Patel (needs to shape up), Napier, Wright
Wicketkeeper: Prior
Bowlers: Broad, Anderson, Swann

First XI: Strauss, Prior, Pietersen, Malan, Shah (though tempted with Napier in his place), Collingwood, Flintoff, Mascarenhas, Swann, Broad, Anderson

Shri

Mr. Glass
England selected Maddy, Kirtley, Schofield, Snape and Solanki for the WC; players who hadn't been international regulars for some time. I could see the point to an extent in picking experienced 20/20 domestic players but international cricket's a different kind of ball game altogether. I don't think the 20/20 squad needs to be too different from the ODI squad in all honesty.

Batsmen: Strauss, Pietersen, Malan, Bell or Bopara, Shah
All rounders: Collingwood, Mascarenhas, Flintoff, Patel (needs to shape up), Napier, Wright
Wicketkeeper: Prior
Bowlers: Broad, Anderson, Swann

First XI: Strauss, Prior, Pietersen, Malan, Shah (though tempted with Napier in his place), Collingwood, Flintoff, Mascarenhas, Swann, Broad, Anderson
What about Graham Napier?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ENGLAND:

1. Strauss
2. KP
3. Shah
4. Collingwood
5. Flintoff
6. Prior
7. Mascarenhas
8. Naiper
9. Swann
10. Broad
11. Anderson

12. Denly
13. Bopara
14. Sidebottom (one he gets his fitness levels back up of course)
15. Patel

AUSTRALIA:

1. Marsh
2. Watson
3. Ponting
4. Symonds
5. D Hussey
6. M Hussey
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Lee
10. Bracken