• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golden Ball

Who would you vote for as best player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The 10 man shortlist has been announced for this, the best player of the Tournament.

Who is your choice?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Zidane for mine. Had the biggest impact on his team making the final of any player, which based on the list is clearly the criteria, as it excludes players who performed well in the early games but then got eliminated. Riquelme for instance.

Anyway, Zidane will probably win it imo, especially if France win the final.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zidane if France win, Cannavaro if Italy win, im hoping for a French victory so Zidane it is...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i'd have to go Zidane, he has had more impact on his team then any other player...

cameeel

International Captain
Gianluigi Buffon

While Zidane has been very, very good. I think the fact that he's playing his last World Cup has people noticing him for sentimental reasons as well as his good on-field performances.

Buffon has still not conceded a single goal this World Cup, with the exception of an own goal. That in itself is reason enough for him to win the golden boot, a keeper who lets in no goals in 6 (?) matches definitely deserves the golden boot.

Though even if he doesn't win he should make the Team of the WC.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vieria deserves praise as much as Zidane, he was good against Togo and very good against Spain and Brazil. Not so strong in the very poor match against Portugal but if he has a good final he will have to go down as one of the strongest players, he wont win it over Zidane though.
Interesting that no striker can really be considerd, its a shame that in this world cup we have not seen a truely world class perfrormance from any striker and from the likes of Pauleta simply awful displays.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Pothas said:
Vieria deserves praise as much as Zidane, he was good against Togo and very good against Spain and Brazil. Not so strong in the very poor match against Portugal but if he has a good final he will have to go down as one of the strongest players, he wont win it over Zidane though.
You are right about the Spain and Brazil games but he was horrible against Switzerland, though so was Zidane.

I can't say who Id vote for as I don't know.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fabio Cannavaro, his been awesome, might have lost his pace but his still probably the finest and most reliable defender since Giuseppe Bergomi. No one can read the game better, just ask Alan Shearer.