• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How does this World Cup Rank so far with other World Cups

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great world cup so far and good to see that after 2002 and Euro 2004 the big teams are back on top. Some very good Football along with some simply obsurd matches.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
This WC just suddenly got a lot worse
Why Australia got knocked out, they played **** football, could not defend and fouled constantly. Only good for the tournament that Italy progressed.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
This WC just suddenly got a lot worse
It was a terrible injustice obviously, but I still think it's been a wonderful tournament so far. Hopefully Italy get a few disallowed goals against Switzerland and lose on penalties. :p

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
Only good for the tournament that Italy progressed.
Why would I want Italy to go through? Historically everything I hate about football has been prominent in Italian football.

Slow, defensive games
Professional fouls (holding shirts etc)
Cynical fouls
Diving...sorry simulation
Cheating
Bribery
100 sideways passes

I could go on.

Apart from the Argentinians, the Italians are the team I dislike the most. They have heavily corrupted the game.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Why would I want Italy to go through? Historically everything I hate about football has been prominent in Italian football.

Slow, defensive games
Professional fouls (holding shirts etc)
Cynical fouls
Diving...sorry simulation
Cheating
Bribery
100 sideways passes

I could go on.

Apart from the Argentinians, the Italians are the team I dislike the most. They have heavily corrupted the game.
By the same token does that mean we are partly to blame for the holocaust considering we created the idea and method of the concentration camp?

Individuals corrupted the game of football not nations.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
By the same token does that mean we are partly to blame for the holocaust considering we created the idea and method of the concentration camp?.
A little over dramatic dont you think

TT Boy said:
No, neither do. Culture does.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TT Boy said:
By the same token does that mean we are partly to blame for the holocaust considering we created the idea and method of the concentration camp?

What's up - trying to invent the world's first C_C magnet?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
What's up - trying to invent the world's first C_C magnet?
I have no idea what you are on about but there was a raison d’être for the theatrical nature of my post.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
A little over dramatic dont you think

No, neither do. Culture does.
Of course but your point was a bit simplistic don’t you think?

Blaming one nation for the downfall of football. I take it Italy is to blame for Joe Cole’s diving or Olympique de Marseille corrupting of Ligue 1 throughout the 90s?

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed it was - with a centre back already injured, Italy now lose one to suspension.
you really do have mental problems.

fact: all of Australia is very proud of the team for making it this far in the world cup, we were cheated out of that match, maybe we still would have lost, but we at least should have been playing in extra time.

fact: for four years you have critisised the Australian football team into the ground and we have now proven we can match it with the best on the biggest stage, you aren't looking too smart now marc.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Incidently, this is what makes Football the greatest sport on Earth. It has a ridiculous amount of power, and creates so much drama. 22 players, 3 officials and 1 ball can create the most amazing theatre in history. You've gotta love it. Bring on Asia.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I love seeing underdogs do well, but I think the quality of football in this world Cup has been tremendous. Assuming Brazil beat Ghana, six of the eight teams in the Quarter-Finals will have been seeded, meaning that in spite of the lack of shocks, we have some cracking games lined up. I mean whose mouth isn't positively watering at germany V Argentina, with the winners likely to meet Italy in the semis. And the prospect of Brazil V either France or Spain. And England V Portugal. Great tournament, and from here onwards it's going to be even better.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
At present, this WC is seriously in need of some great games, or it's going to go the way of the last 4. Maybe today's games will improve matters, but most of the last-16 matches have been pretty ordinary.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I've enjoyed it. There's been alot of entertaining, attacking soccer but it's being overshadowed by the **** refereeing, which is fair enough. Germany, Argentina and Spain have been the real reasons to watch it so far. Looking forward to Germany - Argentina :D