Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodgiest World Cup game so far, and the dodgiest result

Dodgiest World Cup game so far, and the dodgiest result

To me the USA v Ghana game has to rank as the dodgiest World Cup game so far and the most dodgiest result in a game where the Team that won got 2 gifted goals, while the Team that lost scored the only genuine Goal .
    For those who watched it , it would be very clear that the second goal was an absolute Gift for a tackle that never was . (Onyewo of USA was said to have
    tackled the Ghana player who he hardly touched in the penalty box)

Any other opinions on other dodgey results and games in this World Cup, where refs have played more than a part in the result ?

*Edited *
    Last edited by JASON; 24-06-2006 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    To me the USA v Ghana game has to rank as the dodgiest World Cup game so far and the most dodgiest result in a game where the Team that won got 2 gifted goals, while the Team that lost scored the only genuine Goal .
    For those who watched it , it would be very clear that the second goal was an absolute Gift for a handball that never was .
    Any other opinions on other dodgey results and games in this World Cup, where refs have played more than a part in the result ?
    Australia v Croatia.

Australia could have won easily if there was a decent ref.
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

"This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

Today I was watching Tunisia v Ukraine and I agree the Tunisians were playing a bit rough , but they did not deserve to be down to 10 against Ukraine . The referee was really over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    For those who watched it , it would be very clear that the second goal was an absolute Gift for a tackle that never was . (Onyewo of USA was said to have
    tackled the Ghana player who he hardly touched in the penalty box)

*Edited *
    Their first goal was gifted to them, but that's by the USA's poor work. It was a completely fair tackle where he got nothing but the ball. Reyna was apparently injured from that tackle but I was just thinking at the time, the only thing injured is his pride.

Australia v Croatia was fairly bad I think. Togo v South Korea was also a shocker, ****ing Koreans.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    France should have had a penalty against Switzerland and won the match. That handball was clear cut and should have been given, that was the worst result for mine.

Dodgiest game, hard to go past Ghana v USA, what a joke...

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I didn't see Ghana-US, but the US were definitely unlucky v yer eye-talians too. No way their second goal should've been ruled out had FIFA's current interpretation of the offside rule been correctly applied.

&, I think there was absolutely no collusion, but the biggest carve-up in terms of result was us v Sweden. We got the point to top group; they got point to render whatever T&T did irrelevant.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWXfAZc67Do

Says it all. ****ing Koreans

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Clearly no Korean word for "simulation".

TBF on the Totti one, he was on the way down before he was clipped. No better or warse than thousands of other strikers.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Off the top of my head:

USA vs Italy - De Rossi got what he deserved (Red, 4 match ban, 6400 euros out of pocket) but the other two guys...
    Aus vs Croatia - Poll had a massive off day, but the right team went through. Emerton's yellow for the handball was justified, Simunic fiasco, Kalac the AC Milan (i think) player surely noone can be that bad in goal and play in a World Cup ahead from Schwartzer.
    England vs Paraguay - That ref was amazingly biased towards the Paraguayians plus the whole no water fiasco.
    Last edited by Matteh; 24-06-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    Off the top of my head:

USA vs Ghana - De Rossi got what he deserved (Red, 4 match ban, 6400 euros out of pocket) but the other two guys...
    Aus vs Croatia - Poll had a massive off day, but the right team went through. Emerton's yellow for the handball was justified, Simunic fiasco, Kalac the AC Milan (i think) player surely noone can be that bad in goal and play in a World Cup ahead from Schwartzer.
    England vs Paraguay - That ref was amazingly biased towards the Paraguayians plus the whole no water fiasco.
    De Rossi is Italian.

Kalac isn't from AC Milan, that's Khaladze.

The Mexican referee was an absolute joke.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Eh? He is from AC Milan.

Kalac moved to Italian side Perugia in 2002 and, following their relegation in 2005, earned a transfer to AC Milan. Known as 'Spider', his long arms and legs are used to great advantage when stopping shots and gathering crosses. A long-time member of the national squad, he made his debut in 1992 against Malaysia.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Boredmeeting Champion!
    'Željko Kalac [ˈʒɛʎkɔ ˈkalats] (born December 16th, 1972) is an Australian football (soccer) goalkeeper, who currently plays for A.C. Milan in Italy's Serie A. ' - Wikipedia

Pretty sure that one of the commentators mentioned it during the match.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Christ, missed that one - last I remember him was playing for mediocre sides like Palace and Leicester - has he ever actually played for them?!

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Clearly no Korean word for "simulation".

TBF on the Totti one, he was on the way down before he was clipped. No better or warse than thousands of other strikers.
    Lol, how good is the commentary
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Christ, missed that one - last I remember him was playing for mediocre sides like Palace and Leicester - has he ever actually played for them?!
    According to Wikipedia, he played in the Champions League when Dida got injured and played in the Coppa Italia and Milan lost to Palermo 3-1 on aggregate (not surprising really.....)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information