Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 and Beyond

no, i dont feel so..thatwas just a awesome shot!
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    Taking the ****?
    Not at all. He didn't move across and just seemed to dive from where he was standing, it's not like it rocketed in and he didn't have enough time. Granted it wouldn't be an easy save but he could have at the very least got a hand to it IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    That was a brilliant strike! Goal of the tournament so far.
    Padi ag ofin ton fach unig Sua, sua ar lan y mor Huna blentyn nid oes yma Ddim i roddi iti fraw

Marvellous game, tension filled. Watched it with my Argentinean rugby mates and when Maxi scored even I went ape ****, unbelievable strike.
    Pretty confident of a fairly comfortable Argentinean win but my friends said from the outset it would be a tight game and that Mexico know Argentina probably better than any other team in the World Cup and they were right. If Mexico just had that je ne sais quoi upfront it could have been so different though Rafael Marquez was immense for Mexico, had both Crespo and Saviola pretty much in his pocket unfortunately Argentina had Tevez and Messi in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    Not at all. He didn't move across and just seemed to dive from where he was standing, it's not like it rocketed in and he didn't have enough time. Granted it wouldn't be an easy save but he could have at the very least got a hand to it IMO.
    You’re a harsh taskmaster my friend, IMO I doubt any GK in the world would have got anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    I like Argentina’s second against Serbia (and Joe’s strike against Sweden) but for sheer significance I think your right.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Did you not watch England vs Sweden?

Did you not watch England vs Sweden?
    Difference, the ball played to Cole's was far easier to control and second and most importantly no one was in sight of him. Also the GK (on this occasion) could have and possibly should have saved Cole's strike considering he got a pretty decent hand to it and under your guidelines of good GK had plenty of time to see it.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Difference, the ball played to Cole's was far easier to control and second and most importantly no one was in sight of him. Also the GK (on this occasion) could have and possibly should have saved Cole's strike considering he got a pretty decent hand to it and under your guidelines of good GK had plenty of time to see it.
    But the distance means it was a lot easier for the GK to see it and get to it, which makes the strike more impressive.

But the distance means it was a lot easier for the GK to see it and get to it, which makes the strike more impressive.
    How does it, when a better GK or even a fit Isaksson would (should) have saved it.
    Last edited by TT Boy; 24-06-2006 at 05:21 PM.

Cole's goal was good, but there have been plenty that have been equally impressive imo...

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Goal of the tournament for me is the second Argentina goal against Serbia, followed by tonight's Maxi shot and then Cole's against Sweden. Another awesome goal that hasn't been mentioned much is the team effort that Torres (I think) finished against Ukraine. Fourth Spain goal I believe. We've certainly had a lot of stunners though.

Amazes me that great goals like Deco's against Iran and Cahill's against Japan probably wouldn't even make the top 10 now.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Boredmeeting Champion!
    How does it, when a better GK or even a fit Isaksson would (should) have saved it.
    Because he managed to put in near enough the exact spot where it's nigh on impossible to save it?

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Goal of the tournament for me is the second Argentina goal against Serbia, followed by tonight's Maxi shot and then Cole's against Sweden. Another awesome goal that hasn't been mentioned much is the team effort that Torres (I think) finished against Ukraine. Fourth Spain goal I believe. We've certainly had a lot of stunners though.

Amazes me that great goals like Deco's against Iran and Cahill's against Japan probably wouldn't even make the top 10 now.
    Phillip Lahm's goal is one that i've not heard mentioned in awhile. That was something a bit special too.

Because he managed to put in near enough the exact spot where it's nigh on impossible to save it?
    So did Maxi's strike but lets agree to disagree Matteh. It is late, I have things to do and I am sure you have better things to do than pedantically argue about two equally good goals.

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread Information