Cricket Player Manager
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 and Beyond

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss

Tata cheatmeisters Deutschland.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Coach
    Hahahahahaha!
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Wonderful stuff. Grosso's winner is as stunning as anything I can recall, given the circumstances. Penalties and the inevitable German win would have been criminal given how they were largely outplayed tonight. Ballack, it has to be said, did absolutely nothing ...

EDIT
    Er... why are the Germans singing "You'll never walk alone" ???
    Last edited by wpdavid; 04-07-2006 at 04:35 PM.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Harsh on Germany, who have had a very good tournament, and aren't responsible for robbing Australia of a shot at the last four, but Italy were marginally the better team on the night, despite a fairly poor second half. Wonderful goals to finish one of the better knockout matches this WC.

Go France, I say.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Breakout Champion!
    Three teams full of nancy's left in the tournament now. Shame.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    That commentator for me was the most annoying thing about the whole match. Alex Del Piero? That's not his frickin' name. His real name was displayed on the screen. Read it out!! He kept saying it over and over again, to boot.

What next? George Klinnsman? Mark Lippi? Frank Beckenbauer? Pete?

EDIT: Anyone else notice how this is an exact replay of what happened at Euro 2000? Italy in the final, and France v Portugal in the semi-final.

David Trezeguet to score the World Cup winning goal.
    orz

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    That commentator for me was the most annoying thing about the whole match. Alex Del Piero? That's not his frickin' name. His real name was displayed on the screen. Read it out!! He kept saying it over and over again, to boot.

What next? George Klinnsman? Mark Lippi? Frank Beckenbauer? Pete?
    Which commentator did you get? Watching from India I presume?

We have Martin Tyler, and I'm pretty sure he called him Alex too, though only once that I heard.

Good commentator though.

The commentry we had in Britain was one of the worst I've ever heard just because they were so painfully stupid. They're so cocksure as well. You had one incident where they're saying nothing touched some guy's head when he was holding it as the footballing fairies do, then the replay comes on and shows a knee clouted into it. Then you've got them saying how the game was played in great spirit despite the players rolling around like fairies as usual and the defending being as cynical as ever. All the game we also had to put up with them saying how great the referee was just because he didn't give yellow cards out for blatant and cynical take-outs (the referee was good but too soft).

What a game, what a finale. As Virgil observed ‘Fortune favours the brave’ and the Italians were worthy winners because of their commitment to attack and not allow such a great game of football be ‘spoiled’ by dreaded penalties.

Fabio Grosso’s celebration was Tardelli like and his performances throughout the tournament have been admirable. When you consider he only ‘became’ a left back very late in his career and spent most of his younger days knocking around in Serie C2 and B, sublime finish also.

Also may add thought the ref was fantastic tonight, in a tournament where good officiating has not been paramount, was nice to see a game of football allowed to flow so fluently.

Forza Italia!

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid
    EDIT
    Er... why are the Germans singing "You'll never walk alone" ???
    LOL, noticed that. Very peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Three teams full of nancy's left in the tournament now. Shame.
    ? Marco Materazzi, Daniele De Rossi, Simone Barone, Gennaro Gattuso are pretty hard and dirty customers. Doubt you find (other than Australia of course) a more ’willing’ team to get rough with.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Which commentator did you get? Watching from India I presume?

We have Martin Tyler, and I'm pretty sure he called him Alex too, though only once that I heard.

Good commentator though.
    Some guy, I can't recall his name right now. And the colour commentator was a guy called Rodney Marsh.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Harsh on Germany, who have had a very good tournament, and aren't responsible for robbing Australia of a shot at the last four, but Italy were marginally the better team on the night, despite a fairly poor second half. Wonderful goals to finish one of the better knockout matches this WC.

Go France, I say.
    Neither are Italy, also whose to say you would have beaten Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    Some guy, I can't recall his name right now. And the colour commentator was a guy called Rodney Marsh.

Listening to Talksport I presume, who were probably just broadcasting from some hotel room in Germany.

I don't have a clue, to be honest. I always thought we'd be hearing Martin Tyler and Andy Gray like all the Sky Sports-fed Premier League matches.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread Information