• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matteh said:
but with Crouch as the other forward - there would have been the long ball rubbish...
Rooney's temperment is hardly Sven's fault...
And the ref Meier cost England the win in 2004 with his shoddy display...
There is always the 'long ball rubbish' - they can't help themselves as I've said. Rooney's temperament isn't the vegetable's fault, making him get frustrated and thus sent off is mainly the vegetable's fault. The results against Portugal would never have been in doubt had it not been for the vegetable's negative rubbish, but since he cancelled out most of England's attacking threat then you're at the mercy of chance, late or freak goals, sending offs, being rubbish at penalty shootouts and so on because the game is still a close contest.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Gary Lineker- You must have played against Fabio Cannavaro, Alan?
Alan Shearer- Yes, his great blah blah blah. Why not say yeah he was soo good for Inter when they played my beloved Newcastle that I elbowed him in the face, got banned for three games and looked like a complete an utter ****.

God I loath the BBC’s football coverage but it’s either that or Steve Ryder, El **** and David ‘Curb Crawler’ Pleat.

Scaly piscine

I don't mind BBC's pundits, it's the commentary from Motson that I absolutely detest. He's a complete muppet, he doesn't really know the game so produces meaningless statistics to compensate, talks complete tripe and makes incredibly pointless and obvious remarks.

Scaly piscine

Promising opening but it has been a bit dull since 1-1. The BBC pundits are right about Cannavaro looking/turning the wrong way on the opening goal.

Scaly piscine

No end product from chief twice after a bit of luck and panic-stricken defending.

Then thought he had all day on that one.

Edit: Straight at the keeper there as well.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
? Marco Materazzi, Daniele De Rossi, Simone Barone, Gennaro Gattuso are pretty hard and dirty customers. Doubt you find (other than Australia of course) a more ’willing’ team to get rough with.
Way to get rough with Zizou, Materazzi 8-)