• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
100% penalty, but of course some people will ignore that fact...

I must admit I only kept watching the last 10 minutes to see the camera focus on Ronaldo in tears after the game, and it wasn't shown.

Have to make do with this as best I can find for now (file name is the BBC's):
In the same way there are two dozen '100% penalties' in each and every game as soon as a defender lays a finger on an opposing player's shirt... penalty.

atichon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scaly piscine said:
9.5... 9.0... 9.5... 9.5... 9.0

Chief Poseur dive 1 scores 90.0 points
Wow, you really seem to hate him and I fail to understand why.

Maybe it gives a sense to your life. Fair enough, you could have chosen worse, you could play Scrabble

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
In the same way there are two dozen '100% penalties' in each and every game as soon as a defender lays a finger on an opposing player's shirt... penalty.
You what?

We all know you have a xenophobic hatred of Henry, but even by your standards this is extreme.

That was a clear trip, end of story, not something that happens "24 times a game"

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
You what?

We all know you have a xenophobic hatred of Henry, but even by your standards this is extreme.

That was a clear trip, end of story, not something that happens "24 times a game"
He just about knocked his shin enough so chief could notice and flop over in installments, so it follows you would give penalties for when someone puts their hand on a player because that's the sort of level of contact we're talking about here.

Still with your hatred of intelligence and logic you'll now go back to shoveling up something completely unrelated and pointless.

Oh and atichon if you had any semblance of intelligence you might find you enjoy the odd mental game, but unfortunately you'll just have to make do with seeing how hard you can ram your head into a locker door without knocking yourself out.

atichon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Oh and atichon if you had any semblance of intelligence you might find you enjoy the odd mental game, but unfortunately you'll just have to make do with seeing how hard you can ram your head into a locker door without knocking yourself out.
I can't have any semblance of intelligence, I'm french... and I'm called Thierry

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
You what?

It wasn't really that clear. I was watching with a few people and along with myself they weren't too sure about it.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what a crap final, guess ill be going for France but i cant see myself getting into the game too much...

Xuhaib

International Coach
broncoman said:
what a crap final, guess ill be going for France but i cant see myself getting into the game too much...
Best 2 teams made it through and Italy is all class.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
two classy teams made it through...how is it a crap final?:)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
because i dont like them, obviously two very good sides, but theres at least half a dozen other teams id have prefered to see in the final...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
He just about knocked his shin enough so chief could notice and flop over in installments, so it follows you would give penalties for when someone puts their hand on a player because that's the sort of level of contact we're talking about here.
Erm no, it was a trip, plain and simple - nothing like a hand on a player.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The Baconator said:
Yeah you're probably right, touch of artistic license used I'd say,
Sounds like Owen against Argentina 4 years ago. Maybe that was different. :happy:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't care if I get labelled a Sun reader for this (and I'm not a Sun reader), because it is bloody funny...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I don't care if I get labelled a Sun reader for this (and I'm not a Sun reader), because it is bloody funny...

Bless ...
Maybe he was upset by all the rude words Big Phil was using after the game.

EDIT
Now you tell me ...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry LOL, well I thought it was, then I posted it and it looks like it's from the Euro 2004 Final.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Erm no, it was a trip, plain and simple - nothing like a hand on a player.
Predictably irrelevant, wrong and nitpicking reply. You couldn't have tripped a wingless gnat over with the contact involved in that penalty. So it is exactly like having a hand on a player, because in both cases the contact does not make an impact on the player in terms of whether they're obstructed, knocked off balance etc. but virtually everyone can see there is contact.

If you give fouls for such insignificant contact you may as well just make it a non-contact sport