• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Heinze was fuming, that's all I know. Shame he never got flattened, can't much worse than an Argie manc.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I got called a jingoistic xenophobe today. I think the World Cup just brings these feelings out in everyone :blink:

BTW TT Boy, the avatar, after all the chaos in here, that takes the ****! :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gotta love the Italian anthem

Right, I'm off to watch the footy, have a pleasant weekend, COME ON ENGLAND

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I got called a jingoistic xenophobe today. I think the World Cup just brings these feelings out in everyone :blink:
I wouldn't quite say everyone...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
BTW TT Boy, the avatar, after all the chaos in here, that takes the ****! :laugh:
Only joshing with the Aussie’s, was thinking about changing my avatar that day anyhow, seemed fitting to have Totti as it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
God it's been an ordinary first half. Itlay scoring early was about the worst thing to happen for the game. Lovely ping from Zambrotta, but keeper should be disappointed.

Short of a moment of Shevchenko magic or a massive eff up by Buffon I can't see them coming back.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So far it has been EASY AS YOU LIKE for the Italians, as Brumby said moment of genius or stupidity will be the only way back into the game for Ukraine.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Ukraine look horrible, but Italy haven't been particularly brilliant either, as usual. I'd say we know one of our finalists already, it's just a matter of who is going to play Germany.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well I went with Italy from the start so I’m backing them to the end. It was not much of a workout today (other than the first few moments of the second half) but overall a comfortable victory and if they can get Nesta fit it will be a huge plus for the semi final clash with Germany.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
God, it's pretty ordinary fayre to serve up for the quarters, isn't it? Italy are never a team to quicken the pulse, but the Ukraine proved themselves the living embodiment of Thomas Stearns's vision of the world's end: "not with a bang, but with a whimper".

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Either you or them have possibly got the identity and meaning of nationalism and pro militarism mistaken and mixed up. Some tart on ITV tried to say patriotism has a negative effective on British society and causes xenophobia and ill feeling to increase within society, just like the world leaders after WW1, how wrong can she be. Without a sense of nationalism this country would be FFL.

Apologises for the rightwing outlook of my rant.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
TT Boy said:
Some tart on ITV tried to say patriotism has a negative effective on British society and causes xenophobia and ill feeling to increase within society, just like the world leaders after WW1, how wrong can she be. Without a sense of nationalism this country would be FFL.
After the world cup qualifiers a columnist with one of the major papers here linked association football -----> nationalism -----> xenophobia -----> Cronulla race riots :-O

I hope Pekerman has home insurance. Terrible, terrible moves.

ps I note the Diego Maradona reference above. We had poms infilitrate one of the forums I visit calling us bitter about the Italian result and then said that the nation as a whole holds no ill feeling to the Argies for the hand of god and we should just get over it :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great Birtannia said:
ps I note the Diego Maradona reference above. We had poms infilitrate one of the forums I visit calling us bitter about the Italian result and then said that the nation as a whole holds no ill feeling to the Argies for the hand of god and we should just get over it :laugh:
They clearly aren't Englishmen at all. Scarcely a day goes by without me wishing ill on the fat cheat. :@ :p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
They clearly aren't Englishmen at all. Scarcely a day goes by without me wishing ill on the fat cheat. :@ :p
At least you still acknowledge that he exists..now who were we talking about :dry:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Ukraine look horrible, but Italy haven't been particularly brilliant either, as usual. I'd say we know one of our finalists already, it's just a matter of who is going to play Germany.
nah nah, i'm backing the Azzzuri to settle them down..