• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Holy crap they're fighting!
Thats not fighting that just handbags. The same level of fighting skill they showed in las Malvinas.

Ha, Im so happy they are out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
To steal Mr Delagdo's use of a smilie: :jerry:

Always take the Erics on pens, always. Just the way of things. Big genitals from Ballack too to step up because he looked totally gone in ET.

Only thing missing was a certain fat, stumpy, drug-ravaged cheat clutching his left arm as he collapses to the floor. :happy:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Predictability about the game, firstly the Germans being so clinically efficient with their penalties and the second Argentina taking defeat in the worse possible manner. Tough break for Argentina but after they took the lead they did nothing to suggest they wanted more goals and were quite content with the one nil.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TT Boy said:
Predictability about the game, firstly the Germans being so clinically efficient with their penalties and the second Argentina taking defeat in the worse possible manner. Tough break for Argentina but after they took the lead they did nothing to suggest they wanted more goals and were quite content with the one nil.
With Pekerman taking off Crespo & Riquelme and not bringing on Messi they got exactly what they deserved. Tee & indeed hee! :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, it comes around every four years, but noone has used it just yet, so I guess I'll have to be the first. *sigh*

Don't cry for me Argentiiiiiiina

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I hate penalty shootouts. Utterly pointless.

Anyway, I thought the second half was generally pretty decent, but it didn't really live up to expectations as a match. Hopefully England and Portugal can put on a dece... no wait... maybe Brazil and Franc... hmm. Might have to wait until the semis.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
I hate penalty shootouts. Utterly pointless.

Anyway, I thought the second half was generally pretty decent, but it didn't really live up to expectations as a match. Hopefully England and Portugal can put on a dece... no wait... maybe Brazil and Franc... hmm. Might have to wait until the semis.
TBF, for the neutral the quality of football in the knock-out stages between evenly-matched sides is almost invariably merde. Too much at stake &, with the sport having such a uniquely high premium on scoring, it doesn't encourage players to go out & express themselves.

Italy/Ukraine might suprise us....nah, only kidding. :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
With Pekerman taking off Crespo & Riquelme and not bringing on Messi they got exactly what they deserved. Tee & indeed hee! :D
For sure, God only knows why Julio Ricardo Cruz aka the Gardner is coming on in a WC quarter final.

Xuhaib

International Coach
TT Boy said:
For sure, God only knows why Julio Ricardo Cruz aka the Gardner is coming on in a WC quarter final.
Spot on.

Its Pekerman(sp?) who cost Argies the match with his horrible subsitutions why the boy wonder wasnt brought on is really a mystery.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
TBF, for the neutral the quality of football in the knock-out stages between evenly-matched sides is almost invariably merde. Too much at stake &, with the sport having such a uniquely high premium on scoring, it doesn't encourage players to go out & express themselves.

Italy/Ukraine might suprise us....nah, only kidding. :p
Indeed. The main reason I think 98 is the best WC I've seen (of four) is that it had a few good games in the knockout stage. Every other world cup has basically been poor once it got to the last 16 in terms of entertainment, with very few exceptions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The important thing is that Argentina are out. All the teams that played great football are home. I'm beginning to believe Sven. Hopefully we'll grind out a horribly ugly 1-0 win tomorrow, just to **** Sepp Bladder off even more

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Holy crap they're fighting!
What actually happened there? The BBC commentator just now was talking about Lehmann and/or another kraut flattening a couple of the argies, but I missed it really. Anyone know any more about it?