Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 1016

Thread: Round 16 and Beyond

  1. #361
    International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Same place as the Ashes
    Posts
    5,615
    Tempers flaring round here mutha ****as!!!!!

  2. #362
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,659
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Don't be so bloody pathetic.
    Pathetic? What I am is completely sick of your poaching comments in regard to New Zealand sport. As I explained in FULL detail on the other thread, it's a complete lack of knowledge of New Zealand's multi-cultural society.

    Put it this way - it would be as silly as me suggesting Mahmood, Panesar and Ramprakash are out and out poaches on the part of England cricket.

    It's something that annoys the absolute hell out of any All Black supporters, because it is YOUR press that continues to spout untruths about the origin of our players.

    You stop making the posts, and I'll stop reacting. If you do keep posting in this vein, I'll have to - despite your past record as an excellent poster - consider you little better than a wind-up merchant.

    Although I'm sure that doesn't worry you much.

  3. #363
    Cricketer Of The Year James90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,572
    It was blatantly obvious. Neill went down early to stop the shot and the striker had enough time to change the direction of the ball to get past Neill who was already on the ground. Grosso then proceeded to invent a way to fall over. Shocking.
    Last edited by James90; 27-06-2006 at 02:29 AM.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

    CricketWeb Black!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

  4. #364
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,675
    Jeez lighten up some of you

    It is ironic that it's two New Zealanders who seem to think my reaction was outrageous - but if England were knocked out in that manner I'd expect nothing but the same off the Aussies. I do like a lot of the Aussies on this forum, such as Archie, Cloete etc but some need to lighten up. As Eddie said, if you're going to dish it out, then take it.

    As for Blaze, all I ever, ever read from you is about how much you hate England blablabla, yet my reaction was obviously out of order! LOL mate, whatever. I don't know what it's like where the rest of you come from, but I come to work and get stick off the Liverpool and Everton fans and I take it, because that's what Football is all about. But some of you take yourselves too seriously. It's only a game, but it's the greatest game in the world, and it is cruel, England fans know that more than anyone

    In summary, tis not a matter of life or death, but it's bloody funny when the old enemy get knocked out by an injury time penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.


  5. #365
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,675
    As for Lucas Neill, how foolish to go to ground when the Italians are attacking in injury time and the scores are level. I'm not getting into a debate about the rights and wrongs of the decision, but everybody knows that Italians will go down when presented with the chance, and it would be a brave referee to turn that down.

  6. #366
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    I didn't even make reference to your comment ffs.

    All I said was that I want England to go out even more now. after seeing a few of you laugh at Australia.. That's my own opinion and quite frankly shouldn't bother anyone..

  7. #367
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Jeez lighten up some of you

    It is ironic that it's two New Zealanders who seem to think my reaction was outrageous - but if England were knocked out in that manner I'd expect nothing but the same off the Aussies. I do like a lot of the Aussies on this forum, such as Archie, Cloete etc but some need to lighten up. As Eddie said, if you're going to dish it out, then take it.

    As for Blaze, all I ever, ever read from you is about how much you hate England blablabla, yet my reaction was obviously out of order! LOL mate, whatever. I don't know what it's like where the rest of you come from, but I come to work and get stick off the Liverpool and Everton fans and I take it, because that's what Football is all about. But some of you take yourselves too seriously. It's only a game, but it's the greatest game in the world, and it is cruel, England fans know that more than anyone

    In summary, tis not a matter of life or death, but it's bloody funny when the old enemy get knocked out by an injury time penalty
    The only reason you'd get a reaction like that is because you've spent two weeks telling everyone how England is going to win the world cup.

    Anyway, if you wanted to engage in light banter by having a go at the Australian team and get a positive reaction, the time to do it was probably not 5 minutes after they are eliminated from the world cup by a dubious penalty decision. Given that you came in at that exact time and said how "funny" it was, I can't imagine you expected any reaction other than "well, I hope it happens to your team as well then". So it's a bit pointless to act so surprised, yes?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  8. #368
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    As for Lucas Neill, how foolish to go to ground when the Italians are attacking in injury time and the scores are level. I'm not getting into a debate about the rights and wrongs of the decision, but everybody knows that Italians will go down when presented with the chance, and it would be a brave referee to turn that down.
    Fair point.

    Doesn't make Neill any less of a hero in my book though. It was his fault but that's the only mistake I've seen him make this World Cup. I'm going to have to pin this one on Bresciano for the sake of Lucas. Bresc has hardly done anything all World Cup and his "defending" against Grosso was remarkably poor. Still, I think Cantalejo was looking for the penalty rather than fully assessing the situation. I don't think we can be overly critical of his decision though.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

    Blacks ftw

  9. #369
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,675
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    The only reason you'd get a reaction like that is because you've spent two weeks telling everyone how England is going to win the world cup.

    Anyway, if you wanted to engage in light banter by having a go at the Australian team and get a positive reaction, the time to do it was probably not 5 minutes after they are eliminated from the world cup by a dubious penalty decision. Given that you came in at that exact time and said how "funny" it was, I can't imagine you expected any reaction other than "well, I hope it happens to your team as well then". So it's a bit pointless to act so surprised, yes?
    Not surprised

    Anyway, the only time I could get online was right after the game. I was damned if I was waitin til mornin....

    Like I said, it's football, that's the way it is and always will be and I would expect nothing less if we were knocked out

    But I have nothing to worry about because we are going to win the World Cup

  10. #370
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Not surprised

    Anyway, the only time I could get online was right after the game. I was damned if I was waitin til mornin....

    Like I said, it's football, that's the way it is and always will be and I would expect nothing less if we were knocked out

    But I have nothing to worry about because we are going to win the World Cup
    Well, I'll be supporting England, but you can rest assured that if they do get knocked out by Portugal I'll have a special warm feeling just because of you.

  11. #371
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,675
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Well, I'll be supporting England, but you can rest assured that if they do get knocked out by Portugal I'll have a special warm feeling just because of you.
    Haha, fine by me mate

  12. #372
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    New Zealand will never make a world cup in my life time which means I have to choose other teams to support.

    The Netherlands have always been the team I support so I will be backing them again along with Australia. I never thought I would see the day where I supported Australia in a sporting event but they are generally useless at football and I would love to see them do well and put football in this part of the world on the map.

    Oh and anyone who is playing England!

    Who is everyone else supporting that doesn't have a country in the world cup or as a second team and who do you want to see crash out?
    ...

  13. #373
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    btw I guess I should point out that I am not totally against England. Sure I will support nearly every other team in the world over them but I would still be happy for guys like Brumby, skd etc if England won it, and their football team isn't as bad as their Rugby or Cricket team...

  14. #374
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    btw I guess I should point out that I am not totally against England. Sure I will support nearly every other team in the world over them but I would still be happy for guys like Brumby, skd etc if England won it, and their football team isn't as bad as their Rugby or Cricket team...
    LOL pathetic, Test team ranked #2 in the world btw, and despite the obvious mediocirty of our Rugby team, remind me who the World Champions are?

  15. #375
    International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Derby, England.
    Posts
    2,939
    People seem to have very short memories around here sometimes. I remember the Multan match last winter when England were looking good for victory, as soon as it changed and it was clear Pak were winning on came a handfull of Aussies to have a chuckle, I remember Linda (not picking on her it's just an example) having nothing at all to do with the thread and just popping in to laugh at the Poms. I didn't mind because well, it's to be expected and it's banter really.

    Live by the sword...you know the rest.
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la


    The wolves are running..

Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •