• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'm sorry but I've just lost all respect for Henry, similarly to how I lost all respect for Rivaldo last time around. What an ****.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
Come back for the original infringement, obviously, unless it was commited against the team who susequently scored, in which case the advantage should be played.

I think such a sea-change would take getting used to, but that's a pretty poor reason to say no to it.
Can you imagine the problems that would ensue from it, especially if the game was worth a lot of money to one team?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
I'm sorry but I've just lost all respect for Henry, similarly to how I lost all respect for Rivaldo last time around. What an ****.
Why? What happened? I was busy attending more important things

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Tom Halsey said:
I hope he gets criticised as much as anyone else would in the same situation, but somehow I doubt it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tom Halsey said:
Tapped in the chest, went down "like he'd been hit in the face with a brick", as Marsh put it.
It was extremely ordinary behaviour. No defence, really.

Definite foul, but one can only assume Henry was trying to get Puyol a red. Very, very disappointing.

Craig

World Traveller
Gee Spain really are chokers aren't they?

The sooner the ysplit them up and give the Basques their own team to play in qualifying, and the Catalans their own team, the better.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Gee Spain really are chokers aren't they?
Or is it more that they can comfortably beat the weaker sides but aren't quite good enough when they face stronger nations?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Or is it more that they can comfortably beat the weaker sides but aren't quite good enough when they face stronger nations?
Its a strong mixture of both i'd say.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Great that France have qualified, for the life of me i don't want neither Brazil nor Argentina to win this world cup, so i'm backing Le Bleu & the Azzuri to send them home.

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
Game 57: Germany Vs Argentina, Berlin; July, 1:00am
Game 58: Italy Vs Ukraine; Hamburg; July 1, 5:00am

Game 59: England Vs Portugal; Gelsenkirchen; July 2, 1:00am
Game 60: Brazil Vs France; Frankfurt; July 2, 5:00am

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good, now since the Spanish are out they should go and spend their vacations with the South African cricket team.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
They got cheated out of it in reality.

Whether they'd have won in ET or not is anyone's guess, but they definitely shouldn't have lost the way they did - through no fault of their own.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tom Halsey said:
They got cheated out of it in reality.

Whether they'd have won in ET or not is anyone's guess, but they definitely shouldn't have lost the way they did - through no fault of their own.
Nah, Henry's Oscar audition was shameful, but Puyol definitely impeded him. It was a free-kick.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Nah, Henry's Oscar audition was shameful, but Puyol definitely impeded him. It was a free-kick.
Well, admittedly I've only seen it once, but it didn't look like a free-kick to me. I'll watch it again.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
It was a stray elbow in the chest and a deserved free-kick for me. Shame Henry reacted in that way though, dastardly behaviour.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Or is it more that they (Spain) can comfortably beat the weaker sides but aren't quite good enough when they face stronger nations?
Just down to experience on this occasion, I reckon. No shame there. Over the years though, they have to be the biggest underachievers in world football.

I did briefly feel a bit sorry for them last night until I remembered who their manager is. Good game though - and the tournament really needed one.