• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
LOL I would disagree
well they are gradually improving every game, socring goals at will & passing delighfully, only problem they have is in defense where as you rightfully teams with better finishing ability should give them a serious run for their money which should be good news for England presuming we meet them in the semi's..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Marc do you believe he was actually tripped, or do you think he actually fell by his own accord?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think that Neill was intending to get to him, as shown by his raising his arm/shoulder towards him.

As such, that is a foul, regardless of any contact.

Now it may have been a harsh penalty, but under the laws it was a foul.

And I'd like to point out that at no point have I laughed at anyone here - merely pointed out that it was a foul.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What I mean though is do you think Neill's contact caused him to fall to the ground, or did he take advantage of that and hence take a dive?

Or as the Korean commentators would say "WAH SIMULATION SIMULATION SIMULATION"

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
What I mean though is do you think Neill's contact caused him to fall to the ground, or did he take advantage of that and hence take a dive?
He definitely made a meal of it, but that is actually irrelevant to the decision.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
And that is the exact reason it can't be brought in.

What if the next break is the other team putting the ball in the net?
Come back for the original infringement, obviously, unless it was commited against the team who susequently scored, in which case the advantage should be played.

I think such a sea-change would take getting used to, but that's a pretty poor reason to say no to it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Luis Aragones always good for a quote or two, asked if his team have been watching videos of France he replied in typical fashion “No, It's simply due to the fact that my players end up falling asleep with their mouths open while watching them”. Here’s hoping for his sake those words do not come back to haunt him tonight.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
England need to beat Argentina (their likely opponent in the Semi ) .

I hope for England's sake that Germany v Argentina is fiery affair and at least 2 Argentinians (preferably Maxi Rodriguesz and Rechelme or Lionel Messi or even Tevez :laugh: ) get Red carded . (Not sure if yellow cards get wiped out by the Semi's )
Nope. Brazil, Spain or Johnny Frenchy for us if we're to jam our way past Filipao's boys...

Moot point anyway as I fully expect Jerry to oust our chums from the Argentine in the quarters any road. :)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good decision by the ref, **** knows what Lilian Thuram was thinking just stepped on Pablo's ankle.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Most unnecessary tackle ever? A centre-half going away from goal. Schoolboy stuff.
For sure, Pablo as you say was only going backwards. Thuram let his team down badly, France had made a pretty bright start to the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely goal from Ribery to bring yer French level. Correct application of the latest offside interpretation too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to the French. Kinda inevitable really; if it's a major tournament it must be Spain going out early....

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Spain again flatter to deceive and bow out early. France much the better side for most of the match really.

Aragones, adios :)

Allez Les Bleus :cool: