• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Voltman said:
If we merge, can you make sure Pauline Hanson never sets foot in New Zealand? And no, we won't take back Derryn Hinch.
We can always send Pauline Hanson to England... :ph34r:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Getting a headache just reading this thread.

Instead of the 6 pages I just waded through I will summarize

Some England fans are happy Aus were knocked out- I get it
Some Aussies and strangely some Kiwis take exception- I get it
Certain comments were made- I get it
They were responded to- I get it
Discussion desends and people on both sides act like nasty venomous children- I get it

Reading peoples attitudes here it would make sence for me to regret supporting Australia last night, but you know what I dont. People just need to chill.

BTW, It was never a penalty :dry:

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
It would be fitting if Italy and Argentina meet in the semi final with the amount of Argentines who play in Serie A, and one who was born in Argentina but plays for Italy, the amount of Argentines in the team who have Italian hertiage (Burdisso, Scaloni, Mascherano, Abbonzeri, Franco, Cambiasso etc.).
yep i'd definately love to see that semi-final along with England vs Brazil.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Argies will relish the prospect of an Eng-Bra final, as they hate both nations, what an incentive

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ronaldo! :cool:

Ghana have gone all out! Its just counter-attack to counter-attack. Awesome to watch.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I would have friggin work to do when a classic is in motion. Finished it now though, so might sneak off to the break area for the second half :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
2-0!

What a counter-attack from Brazil. That was beautiful (offside though).

I had money for "next goal Brazil" so I'm reasonably happy, but I feel sorry for Ghana, they really should have been 1-1.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't see Brazil surrendering a two goal lead. Mouthwatering quarter-final against Spain or a rematch of the 98 final against France beckons.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Goughy said:
Getting a headache just reading this thread.

Instead of the 6 pages I just waded through I will summarize

Some England fans are happy Aus were knocked out- I get it
Some Aussies and strangely some Kiwis take exception- I get it
Certain comments were made- I get it
They were responded to- I get it
Discussion desends and people on both sides act like nasty venomous children- I get it

Reading peoples attitudes here it would make sence for me to regret supporting Australia last night, but you know what I dont. People just need to chill.

BTW, It was never a penalty :dry:
Agreed, except I couldn't regret supporting Australia. Italy deserve to go out after trying to take out McBride.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm tired but I want to stay up for Spain vs. France, particularly since I have a fair bit of money riding on that match. :(

Time for a Red Bull me thinks.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Brazil wore white, and sat on the other side of the Channel to France, they'd be hugely castigated for their performance, regardless of the scoreline :)

A team with decent finishing ability would have beaten Brazil today.