Cricket Player Manager
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 and Beyond

marc - do you really think people want to read 8 posts in a row from you?

Must admit I find it funny how Blaze (a NZ man) was the one criticising the Poms about their reaction to Aus losing.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Yes, after the challenge his arms were indeed protesting innocence.

A bit like after the challegne Materazzi wasn't near the bloke he fouled...

because momentum carried him nearly 10 metres down the field perhaps? definate yellow and harsh red, but thats the way it goes some times. If you watched the game im sure you would have seen 5-6 occasions where Italy scored free kicks from dives.

That penalty at the end was a shocker though.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

From what I've observed, against the very top sides, you get one or, at the most, two genuine goal scoring opportunities per match. Unless you take those, you lose - as instanced in Australia's games against Brazil and Italy.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I thought the penalty decision certainly wasn't blatantly wrong as some people have tried to suggest. When I saw it, I immediately thought it was a penalty and then thought how stupid Lucas Neill was trying something like that in that situation.

Don
    hmmmm depleted portugal to play england and portugal are still gonna win hmmmmm
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    In summary:

England are in the last 8 of the World Cup, hold the Ashes and hold the Rugby World Cup
    Australia are not in the last 8 of the World Cup, do not hold the Ashes and do not hold the Rugby World Cup

All in all, England stands proudly above your vast island

Must say I agree with Blaze in that I'd like to see England go down because of people like you and Marc. In saying that, there's plenty of decent English posters who I'd like to see happy because England has gone close, if not won.

I dont see why people are bagging England so much...

Yeah they havent played great, but you only need to play as good as you have to to get through...

Im cheering for them from here on.. Australia are out and my tip Holland are gone to.. Im cheering for England..

On the Aussie game, personally im with Jack, the trailing hand of Neill "may" have clipped Grosso, but in saying that the game didnt deserve to end like that..

It was a very hollow feeling to say the least...

Hopefully though people will actually stand up and take notice now that these "convicts" CAN play "soccer"

In 4 years time we'll be back better then ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Somehow, that really concerns me - perhaps you're feeling a little left out of the banter.

I'm sure the minute that Vanuatu or Samoa produce some decent footballers, New Zealand will have a good run in the World Cup.

Oh, look - you added a smiley, so that automatically renders your flame-baited post a joke...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Germany to win the WC from here, anyone but Italy, Brazil and England would be acceptable.
    We know england wont win cause they are **** and Italy are cheating ****ers...

What a ******** decision, we're gonna dominate Asia now, come back in 2010 and do better than we did this time round...

yer it was a hollow way to end. it wasnt a penalty in my opinion as the italians dived all game long, however what is done is done, and i dont think i would want to see italy win but if they do i wont be to upset. i would like to see england win but i think germany and brazil are too strong. bring on 2010
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

It's funny, though. If Italy had gone out, it'd make a second world cup victory for England just a little bit easier, yet there's still truckloads of them [yes Goughy, I know it doesn't count you] cheering Italy for no reason other than they got pounded in every other sport bar rugby for the last 20 years.

Oh no wait, it's because we play "bad" football. Sorry, my bad. And marc, make it all one post so you're easier to skip over and ignore next time.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    I hope Ukraine or Portugal or another lesser nation win it from here. On another note, Blaze is a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    On another note, Blaze is a gun.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    Germany to win the WC from here, anyone but Italy, Brazil and England would be acceptable.
    We know england wont win cause they are **** and Italy are cheating ****ers...

What a ******** decision, we're gonna dominate Asia now, come back in 2010 and do better than we did this time round...
    Geez mate, why did you have to do this after my initial warning to you

I won't enjoy doing this one bit but you've forced my hand - seven day ban.

Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread Information