• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TT Boy said:
Precisely.
Yeah, but:
1) That was due to the ineptitude of the English test cricket team, not what many believe to be a referee (or in cricket umpiring) error. Laughing at an umpiring error is different. Its like saying "haha you guys got screwed, take that!"
2) How many of them went out of their way to make Shoaib their avatar to spite the English?

Mind you I'm not even an Australian cricket fan!

Last edited:

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
And for the record - I love Kiwis. The way you have all got behind Australia is extremely admirable, may we join, enter forth and multiply. Seriously though, it`s been great to see, most unlike a few English fans.
Group - no, ANZAC - hug?

Don't worry, your cricket, rugby, league, hockey, basketball and almost every other team, as well as Lleyton Hewitt, can all get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Oh, whatever. I look forward to 'War and Peace' in response.
Not gonna happen. You're not worth the time or effort.

Stick to Devil Ducky - at least that's original.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`m quite a fan on the Kiwi cricket and rugby sides. I demand our countries merge. We want Bond! :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sir Redman said:
And reading some of the comments made after your game vs Paraguay, it's a bit rich for the English to take the "referee was doing his job" line when the decisions go against a different team:
Oi, Mush - I said I seldom moan about officials, and clearly stated my reason in the post about the official for the Paraguay game - and then find it's being used in a stereotyping post about it being a bit rich for the English blah blah - and this without me saying anything about Australia other than the fact that I was rooting for them and they seemed hard done to.

I don't like making generalisations (unlike others), but has someone kicked the entire population of New Zealand in the nads today or something?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
benchmark00 said:
If you're going to try and comeback, at least try to coat it with an ounce of truth.
Thanks very much.

I put more hours than a little into trying to come up with something that I thought was completely original, and something that was widely appreciated for a while - then basically you and what seemed like four or five school pals joined the site and systematically started having a go right from the off.

I knew when I was beaten then - and I know when I am now. I now fully realise that this site ain't big enough for the both of us - and as you are as difficult to shake off as a dose of clap and about as unwelcome, I guess it's me who's got to leave.

You've won. I guess I'll have to live without Cricket Web.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Oi, Mush - I said I seldom moan about officials, and clearly stated my reason in the post about the official for the Paraguay game - and then find it's being used in a stereotyping post about it being a bit rich for the English blah blah - and this without me saying anything about Australia other than the fact that I was rooting for them and they seemed hard done to.

I don't like making generalisations (unlike others), but has someone kicked the entire population of New Zealand in the nads today or something?
No, no-ones kicked us, in the nads or anywhere else. All we've been doing is posting our own views on what happened. We saw the call as an injustice to the Australian team, and so disagreed (argued? debated? swore at? :dry:) with Marc's constant snapping at anyone who thought along similar lines. Your post was used simply as an example of Poms moaning about the ref, and it wasn't a personal attack on you, but if you're so precious that your posts can't be quoted by others trying to prove a point, then I'll delete that bit.

And it's good to hear that you don't like making generalisations. It's funny you should say that though, considering that your stereotyping is probably second to none on this forum.

Now, that's enough of this crap. That's the last post I'm making on the subject, unless someone comes up with something so absurd I just have to reply.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sir Redman said:
Group - no, ANZAC - hug?

Don't worry, your cricket, rugby, league, hockey, basketball and almost every other team, as well as Lleyton Hewitt, can all get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. :D

now now, i am aussie and have no dramas with kiwis and the new zealand nation. but i agree with lleyton lol :laugh: and a si said go before Go Football and the World Cup!

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Trying to put this thread back on track - I'd also like to see a Germany - Spain final. I can see the England - Portugal game going to penalties, despite the Portuguese players who will be out, and knowing England's record in penalty shootouts I'd be suprised if they go through. Italy are going to be tough for anyone to beat, they should cruise past Ukraine, but hopefully will be beaten in the semis. I think the Germans might just sneak past the Argies, Brazil should beat Ghana but will hopefully trip up in the quarters, and France aren't looking too great (though they've got some great players). So c'mon Spain!

And, for the record, England have always been the team I've supported at World Cups. I'd like to see them do well, but I just don't think they've got what it takes to go the whole way.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh: My, my, people are touchy. I`m sorry all, we don`t have to merge, it was just a suggestion. I was wrong and I`m sorry.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If we merge, can you make sure Pauline Hanson never sets foot in New Zealand? And no, we won't take back Derryn Hinch.