• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Don't be so bloody pathetic.
Pathetic? What I am is completely sick of your poaching comments in regard to New Zealand sport. As I explained in FULL detail on the other thread, it's a complete lack of knowledge of New Zealand's multi-cultural society.

Put it this way - it would be as silly as me suggesting Mahmood, Panesar and Ramprakash are out and out poaches on the part of England cricket.

It's something that annoys the absolute hell out of any All Black supporters, because it is YOUR press that continues to spout untruths about the origin of our players.

You stop making the posts, and I'll stop reacting. If you do keep posting in this vein, I'll have to - despite your past record as an excellent poster - consider you little better than a wind-up merchant.

Although I'm sure that doesn't worry you much.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
It was blatantly obvious. Neill went down early to stop the shot and the striker had enough time to change the direction of the ball to get past Neill who was already on the ground. Grosso then proceeded to invent a way to fall over. Shocking.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jeez lighten up some of you

It is ironic that it's two New Zealanders who seem to think my reaction was outrageous - but if England were knocked out in that manner I'd expect nothing but the same off the Aussies. I do like a lot of the Aussies on this forum, such as Archie, Cloete etc but some need to lighten up. As Eddie said, if you're going to dish it out, then take it.

As for Blaze, all I ever, ever read from you is about how much you hate England blablabla, yet my reaction was obviously out of order! LOL mate, whatever. I don't know what it's like where the rest of you come from, but I come to work and get stick off the Liverpool and Everton fans and I take it, because that's what Football is all about. But some of you take yourselves too seriously. It's only a game, but it's the greatest game in the world, and it is cruel, England fans know that more than anyone :)

In summary, tis not a matter of life or death, but it's bloody funny when the old enemy get knocked out by an injury time penalty :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As for Lucas Neill, how foolish to go to ground when the Italians are attacking in injury time and the scores are level. I'm not getting into a debate about the rights and wrongs of the decision, but everybody knows that Italians will go down when presented with the chance, and it would be a brave referee to turn that down.

Blaze

Banned
I didn't even make reference to your comment ffs.

All I said was that I want England to go out even more now. after seeing a few of you laugh at Australia.. That's my own opinion and quite frankly shouldn't bother anyone..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Jeez lighten up some of you

It is ironic that it's two New Zealanders who seem to think my reaction was outrageous - but if England were knocked out in that manner I'd expect nothing but the same off the Aussies. I do like a lot of the Aussies on this forum, such as Archie, Cloete etc but some need to lighten up. As Eddie said, if you're going to dish it out, then take it.

As for Blaze, all I ever, ever read from you is about how much you hate England blablabla, yet my reaction was obviously out of order! LOL mate, whatever. I don't know what it's like where the rest of you come from, but I come to work and get stick off the Liverpool and Everton fans and I take it, because that's what Football is all about. But some of you take yourselves too seriously. It's only a game, but it's the greatest game in the world, and it is cruel, England fans know that more than anyone :)

In summary, tis not a matter of life or death, but it's bloody funny when the old enemy get knocked out by an injury time penalty :)
The only reason you'd get a reaction like that is because you've spent two weeks telling everyone how England is going to win the world cup.

Anyway, if you wanted to engage in light banter by having a go at the Australian team and get a positive reaction, the time to do it was probably not 5 minutes after they are eliminated from the world cup by a dubious penalty decision. Given that you came in at that exact time and said how "funny" it was, I can't imagine you expected any reaction other than "well, I hope it happens to your team as well then". So it's a bit pointless to act so surprised, yes?

Cloete

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
As for Lucas Neill, how foolish to go to ground when the Italians are attacking in injury time and the scores are level. I'm not getting into a debate about the rights and wrongs of the decision, but everybody knows that Italians will go down when presented with the chance, and it would be a brave referee to turn that down.
Fair point.

Doesn't make Neill any less of a hero in my book though. It was his fault but that's the only mistake I've seen him make this World Cup. I'm going to have to pin this one on Bresciano for the sake of Lucas. Bresc has hardly done anything all World Cup and his "defending" against Grosso was remarkably poor. Still, I think Cantalejo was looking for the penalty rather than fully assessing the situation. I don't think we can be overly critical of his decision though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FaaipDeOiad said:
The only reason you'd get a reaction like that is because you've spent two weeks telling everyone how England is going to win the world cup.

Anyway, if you wanted to engage in light banter by having a go at the Australian team and get a positive reaction, the time to do it was probably not 5 minutes after they are eliminated from the world cup by a dubious penalty decision. Given that you came in at that exact time and said how "funny" it was, I can't imagine you expected any reaction other than "well, I hope it happens to your team as well then". So it's a bit pointless to act so surprised, yes?
Not surprised :)

Anyway, the only time I could get online was right after the game. I was damned if I was waitin til mornin....:blink:

Like I said, it's football, that's the way it is and always will be and I would expect nothing less if we were knocked out

But I have nothing to worry about because we are going to win the World Cup :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Not surprised :)

Anyway, the only time I could get online was right after the game. I was damned if I was waitin til mornin....:blink:

Like I said, it's football, that's the way it is and always will be and I would expect nothing less if we were knocked out

But I have nothing to worry about because we are going to win the World Cup :cool:
Well, I'll be supporting England, but you can rest assured that if they do get knocked out by Portugal I'll have a special warm feeling just because of you. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FaaipDeOiad said:
Well, I'll be supporting England, but you can rest assured that if they do get knocked out by Portugal I'll have a special warm feeling just because of you. :p
Haha, fine by me mate :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Blaze said:
New Zealand will never make a world cup in my life time which means I have to choose other teams to support.

The Netherlands have always been the team I support so I will be backing them again along with Australia. I never thought I would see the day where I supported Australia in a sporting event but they are generally useless at football and I would love to see them do well and put football in this part of the world on the map.

Oh and anyone who is playing England!

Who is everyone else supporting that doesn't have a country in the world cup or as a second team and who do you want to see crash out?

Blaze

Banned
btw I guess I should point out that I am not totally against England. Sure I will support nearly every other team in the world over them but I would still be happy for guys like Brumby, skd etc if England won it, and their football team isn't as bad as their Rugby or Cricket team...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Blaze said:
btw I guess I should point out that I am not totally against England. Sure I will support nearly every other team in the world over them but I would still be happy for guys like Brumby, skd etc if England won it, and their football team isn't as bad as their Rugby or Cricket team...
LOL pathetic, Test team ranked #2 in the world btw, and despite the obvious mediocirty of our Rugby team, remind me who the World Champions are?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
People seem to have very short memories around here sometimes. I remember the Multan match last winter when England were looking good for victory, as soon as it changed and it was clear Pak were winning on came a handfull of Aussies to have a chuckle, I remember Linda (not picking on her it's just an example) having nothing at all to do with the thread and just popping in to laugh at the Poms. I didn't mind because well, it's to be expected and it's banter really.

Live by the sword...you know the rest.

Blaze

Banned
Seriously what are you trying to achieve?

We have established that I don't like England sporting teams...

Obviously I meant that I prefer their Football team to their Rugby and Cricket ones, iwasn't drawing a comparison with regards to which one of their teams are better than the others...

Let it go.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pedro Delgado said:
People seem to have very short memories around here sometimes. I remember the Multan match last winter when England were looking good for victory, as soon as it changed and it was clear Pak were winning on came a handfull of Aussies to have a chuckle, I remember Linda (not picking on her it's just an example) having nothing at all to do with the thread and just popping in to laugh at the Poms. I didn't mind because well, it's to be expected and it's banter really.

:thumbup: :yes: :thumbup1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:

Precisely.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Blaze said:

Obviously I meant that I prefer their Football team to their Rugby and Cricket ones, iwasn't drawing a comparison with regards to which one of their teams are better than the others...

Let it go.
Well it seemed to me like you wanted to have every little dig you could get.

I think most people would interpret this like that:

Blaze said:
and their football team isn't as bad as their Rugby or Cricket team...
But fine, whatever, I'll let it go now, you keep rooting for our defeat, we'll keep winning :)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Blaze said:

Let it go.
Unless we're playing Scotland or Aus I more or less chear for the oppo in Union. And if I do ever see Carling in the street I will banjo the arrogant irritating ******.