Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 and Beyond

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Could all be true. But at the minute, we are in the World Cup, do hold the Ashes and do hold the RWC. So there
    Hmmm

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    It was a ridiculous call.

The referee was right on top of it and I don't see how that could possibly have been a penalty. It's almost as though the referee was itching to give a penalty at any opening. Terrible call.
    I think the fact that Neill got in the way of Grosso, arrested his momentum and ultimately tripped him was the killer. I'm sorry, but that's a penalty. It's definitely more of a penalty than Materazzi's was a red...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    Hmmm
    Indeed.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Well, that was ********....

*worth the warning for language i feel*
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I hope England go out more than ever now after seeing some of the comments here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    Im imagining that this just happened to England and my stomach churned. Unlucky Aus, so many of us were cheering you on

Damn Spaniard Ref
    Do you pick and choose the ones you read. As far as I can tell reading the WC thread far more Brits want Aus to do well than the other way around.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    I think the fact that Neill got in the way of Grosso, arrested his momentum and ultimately tripped him was the killer. I'm sorry, but that's a penalty. It's definitely more of a penalty than Materazzi's was a red...
    Neill did not foul him. Grosso wasn't tripped. He practically walked over Neill and dove to the ground clutching his face. Terrible decision.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Why did Neill go to ground as soon as he did?
    After that it was pretty straight forward for Fabio Grosso drop the shoulder and go over. Neill made it easy as you like for Grosso. Shame really he was arguably Australian’s best player throughout the tournament but he was not helped by Marco Bresciano’s attempt at defending, gave one hell of an invite to Grosso to attack, he obliged and the rest is history.

Overall I thought Italy fully deserved the victory, defended superbly and created the best chances of the game even with the handicap of ten men. Australia had the opportunities to throw men on and they did not. The game was their for them and it seemed like Hiddink was not prepared to go for it like he did against Japan and Croatia and that cost them dearly.

Also magnificent penalty from Totti, doubt if two GK’s would have stopped that.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Terrible, terrible decision. Actually decisions, because Neill was a prize pillock for diving in & allowing himself to be Grosso's patsy.

I can't imagine how the Aussies must be feeling now. I've had some that are hard to stomach (Luton winning 3-2 in League Cup Final in '88 with last kick, Nayim from the halfway line in '95, Owen nicking the FA Cup from us in 2001, England losing on pens in any given bloody tournament you care to name), but that is a kick in the crotch.

Matterazzi possibly didn't deserve a straight red, but (I think) he'd been booked already & a def yellow IMHO. The same end result.

Fair play to Oz, did 'emselves proud.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

He is under no obligation to move, there is no right of way. He was there first and the opponent went over him. Should not have been a penalty.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    I think the fact that Neill got in the way of Grosso, arrested his momentum and ultimately tripped him was the killer. I'm sorry, but that's a penalty. ..
    Sorry, dont see that one...the act of getting in the way without contact doesnt mean its a penalty. if that is given 9 time out of ten, then 9 times out of ten its the wrong decision
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    That decision was an absolute farce. The notion that anyone could defend it or the result of the match is absurd. The red earlier wasn't quite on, but it was an extremely hard challenge, was late and didn't get the ball, so you can argue that a red was justifiable.

Italy defended very well, but Australia more than matched them through the middle and neither team deserved to concede. It should have gone to extra time, and Australia certainly shouldn't have lost like that.

Hiddink didn't chase the game because he still had 30 minutes to play with, quite simply. Australia never looked like giving up a goal after the sending off, and he was quite right to save his substitutions given the advantage that another half hour with fresh legs would have given Australia.
    Last edited by FaaipDeOiad; 26-06-2006 at 11:17 AM.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

We were cheated, simple as that. Horrible way to go out, especially considering how much we dominated the game. Ukraine of the Swiss surely wouldn't have been as big a task as well.

As far as im aware lucas neills motion stopped before the italian player made contact, does this count for anything?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    As far as im aware lucas neills motion stopped before the italian player made contact, does this count for anything?
    It wasn't a penalty. Simple as.

The trouble is that he was sprawled on the floor, leaving Grosso with the relatively simple task of leaving a trailing foot there & going to ground. The ref was a sucker for buying it, but more blatant dives get pens every weekend.

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread Information