• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ok! I admit it - I'm hooked on the World Cup...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've tried so hard not to get involved in the Soccer World Cup, but I just can't help it.

I've always had trouble trying to get to sleep, but after 5 minutes of watching a World Cup game, I'm out like a light. I've never had so much sleep in my life. It's great. :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I've tried so hard not to get involved in the Soccer World Cup, but I just can't help it.

I've always had trouble trying to get to sleep, but after 5 minutes of watching a World Cup game, I'm out like a light. I've never had so much sleep in my life. It's great. :D
Somehow, any criticism of any other sport from a rugby league fan is hollow.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Somehow, any criticism of any other sport from a rugby league fan is hollow.
Pfft. Go back to watching your "sport" where you get points for missing.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:

I don't know what sways me more - the opinion of an unnoteworthy rugby fan, or the opinion of an overall, combined audience of 3 billion viewers worldwide?

There are reasonable arguments against soccer & the World Cup, but you chiming in is probably detrimental to the cause...

Scathing.

Scaly piscine

Buddhmaster said:
No, if you miss you get no points.
You get one point in Aussie rules tripe for missing the large gap between the middle two posts, so long as you only miss it by less than the size of another large gap on either side.

Scaly piscine

Mister Wright said:

I've always had trouble trying to get to sleep, but after 5 minutes of watching a World Cup game, I'm out like a lig...
Zzz

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
You get one point in Aussie rules tripe for missing the large gap between the middle two posts, so long as you only miss it by less than the size of another large gap on either side.
Why is it tripe? You've never properly watched it, and tell me one sport which has players taking awesome marks leaping in the air like those players do?

He got up there by himself... no lift ala rugby.

Running back with the flight of the ball... more courage than you'll ever see from a soccer player, and I like watching soccer.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
That's not really missing though, is it? That's like suggesting you get points for missing in Union because you still score if you don't get the conversion. It's just a different score for different levels of accuracy.

pasag

RTDAS
I am not sure how many times it needs to be explained to you. Getting a point is not missing. It is getting a point. Do you get the point? Jeez

Scaly piscine

FaaipDeOiad said:
That's not really missing though, is it? That's like suggesting you get points for missing in Union because you still score if you don't get the conversion. It's just a different score for different levels of accuracy.
Not really that accurate is it if you can be out by what 10+ yards and still get a point for it? The example using Union is complete bunkum. As for the darts example you don't get points if you miss the dartboard do you, and that is a proper target sport/game - Aussie rules is just an organised farce, it's worse than the gaelic stuff.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
You don't get points if you kick the ball into the ocean either, so I'm not sure what your point is :p