• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ok! I admit it - I'm hooked on the World Cup...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Great Birtannia said:
A front on hit on a player with their head over the footy would be like a spear tackle in rugby league. Perhaps we should call rugby league soft for outlawing them. Poor form.
How is a front on hit like a spear tackle? A spear tackle is a spear tackle.

Blaze

Banned
you guys went on to win the game. It was the Test where John Eales kicked that penalty in the last minute to win the game..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Robertinho said:
What? It's like in soccer where instead of giving the opposition a shot at goal, you concede a corner. The lesser of two evils.
Almost, but you AFL chaps are kinda arguing the "behinds" thing from both ends there. Firstly you say behinds aren't missing, just another valid form of scoring points, fair enough; but then if you equate them to corners you rather give lie to that because in Association Football six corners do not equal one goal. Similarly in Union if a player carries the ball behind his in-goal & touches down he concedes a five-metre scrum, three of which don't equal a drop-goal or penalty.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Almost, but you AFL chaps are kinda arguing the "behinds" thing from both ends there. Firstly you say behinds aren't missing, just another valid form of scoring points, fair enough; but then if you equate them to corners you rather give lie to that because in Association Football six corners do not equal one goal. Similarly in Union if a player carries the ball behind his in-goal & touches down he concedes a five-metre scrum, three of which don't equal a drop-goal or penalty.
No, a team can take the ball over the opposition's goal line and giving the other team a point, and themselves the possession of the ball. It's different to actually missing, but I see what you're saying.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Yeah that's absolute class. Top try, top set play.

New Zealand aer so much better than us at rugby :laugh:
As Blaze said, you won that game. :laugh:

Stupid Todd Blackadder/Craig Dowd.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Similarly in Union if a player carries the ball behind his in-goal & touches down he concedes a five-metre scrum, three of which don't equal a drop-goal or penalty.
I thought it was a drop out from the 22. What am I thinking of?

Cloete

International Captain
Voltman said:
As Blaze said, you won that game. :laugh:

Stupid Todd Blackadder/Craig Dowd.
Oh don't even remember that try. Was probably too busy yelling at the ref for not penalising the AB's for obstruction during that fake maul or something of the sort.

Was a fairly heroic performance that. But I get the feeling for Australians to win against the All Blacks we need something special, something heroic or something freakish. The All Blacks are the far more solid team who produce brilliant rugby consistently.

Why is it you turn every thread in off top..err.. on this entire forum into something to do with rugby? :D;)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's because we Kiwis know next-to-nothing about anything else...

Have you seen my post on the "Perfect 10" thread? :D

And, there's no obstruction in that try as far as I can see...;) The two players joining to create the maul never get in front of the ball carrier.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Voltman said:
It's because we Kiwis know next-to-nothing about anything else...

Have you seen my post on the "Perfect 10" thread? :D

And, there's no obstruction in that try as far as I can see...;) The two players joining to create the maul never get in front of the ball carrier.
No. But anything slightly plausible which shifts blame from the Wallabies and credit away from the AB's coupled with a barrage of swear words at the time sounds perfectly acceptable. Not that it compares with the Schwarzer incident. Suffice to say the neighbours are no longer too fond of me.

As for the post in the Perfect 10 thread, that was partially the reason for the rugby thing. You had made a number of posts about rugby in it previously. Just can't help yourself, can you?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, if I kick it into the end zone and you touch it down it's a 22 yard.
If you run into your end zone and touch it down it's a 5-yard scrum.

Blaze

Banned
Jamee999 said:
Yeah, if I kick it into the end zone and you touch it down it's a 22 yard.
If you run into your end zone and touch it down it's a 5-yard scrum.
end zones? What game are we playing here?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`m extremely surprised at the lack of knowledge on the rules of NRL and AFL by Australian posters. I find AFL to be a far more entertaining sport, been supporting Sydney since `96, but I do know the vast majority of the rules.