• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Mediawatch

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
reading some German Newspapers on babelfish translation.

Bild said:
Completely Germany in the rejoicing intoxication. After the 3:0-Salto-Sieg against Ecuador are we everything still another piece more BLACK RED GEIL!

Federal President Horst charcoal burner brings the tendency on the point. In a telegram to our winner team it writes: "you inspired once more with your offensive play of football friends in all world. Now we make German happy us on your meeting with Sweden on coming Saturday."

Young, goes down like oil! And in the round of the last sixteen against the Ikea kickers in Munich (starting from 17 o'clock in the live-ticker with picture T-Online) still more should accelerate you!

Charcoal burner promises Klinsi: "Germany is completely her twelfth man."

Total enthusiasm also with our Kanzlerin Angela Merkel, which along-had a temperature yesterday on the grandstand.

It schwaermt: "we have 32 football crews, which give and gave their best, among them a German, on which we can be proud."
okay so its not really what they said but it made me chuckle

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Owen Hargreaves in the national leotard eh?

Der Speigel said:
Question: Mr. Hargreaves, you are glad not to meet in the round of the last sixteen on Germany?

Owen Hargreaves: The German team is actually very good in form to time. That was a very strong achievement against Ecuador. Radix complement! In particular my association colleague Philipp lame made three correctly good plays. For the moment Ecuador is surely the simpler opponent for us. I am also relieved something, it am good that we must play not now against Germany.

Question: On what has the German eleven against Sweden to respect?

Hargreaves: Large problems do not have Sweden to make the play from the play process it dangerous not once at our gate shot. With standard situations however they provide with their players grown largely for some eddies and are the more dangerous. Our two Gegentore are after standards please and also otherwise had we with hitting a corner balls some difficulties and something luck with two slat hits. We were very much surprised, as large our problems were. We controlled the speed of the play on the whole nevertheless.

Question: They played again from the beginning for the first time yesterday against Sweden for more than two years in the national leotard. Were you surprised?

Hargreaves: No, I was gladly that I had again once gotten this possibility after so long time, only quite with a world championship. And I think the fact that I mean position before the defense completely well filled out and won many duels. I can play on different positions in the centre zone, but straight on this I can help the crew at most. That is the most important.

Question: Is England against Ecuador favorite?

Hargreaves: Naturally. England is in many plays the favorite. And if I see, how the Ecuadorianer dominated the German eleven, and if we play just as well as in the first half time against Sweden, then we Ecuador will strike. Also everyone of us expects.

Question: Can England get also the title?

Hargreaves: After the impressions of the first plays it gives surely five or six teams, which have things in addition. Everything in front naturally England. Also Germany is always a heavy opponent, straight with this public in the back. But if one sees, how Argentina played, must one say that they showed the so far best achievement. That was correctly good football.
I'm easily amused