• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Getting into the World Cup spirit

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Where is the house?

Scaly will be firebombing it tomorrow.
Good to see your not a flam-baiter.

I guess this proves your no better, despite what you might think.

cpr

International Coach
And in international news, Britain faces heavy international pressure after the sudden dissapearance of many flags from Embassy buildings....

Good stuff Neil!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I guess the English flag would've taken a large share.
Good try, but it doesn't bother me. I'd chuck a couple on the fire if it was cold.

I went to visit my sister at the weekend for a rather splendid alfresco tiffin

(translation: Popped over to see Sheila for a Barbie, Fosters and Chunder)

and was dismayed to see that she had indeed decorated the exterior of the house with a dozen Crosses of St George.

I could understand it if they referred to Charlie George, but no - George as in 'George and the Dragon' ( not even the version starring Sid James and Peggy Mount)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
luckyeddie said:
Good try, but it doesn't bother me. I'd chuck a couple on the fire if it was cold.

I went to visit my sister at the weekend for a rather splendid alfresco tiffin

(translation: Popped over to see Sheila for a Barbie, Fosters and Chunder)

and was dismayed to see that she had indeed decorated the exterior of the house with a dozen Crosses of St George.

I could understand it if they referred to Charlie George, but no - George as in 'George and the Dragon' ( not even the version starring Sid James and Peggy Mount)
:laugh: :laugh: Oh Eddie. :wub: :wub:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Just went for a walk to the nearest cash point, then to Saints to try and get a ticket for the GB-NZ game. Counted 61 St. George's flags, 1 union jack, 1 australian flag and 2 bins painted red and yellow with "Espana" written on them.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I proudly show the Australian flag in an effort to add some diversity to the masses of England flags around. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
steds said:
Just went for a walk to the nearest cash point, then to Saints to try and get a ticket for the GB-NZ game. Counted 61 St. George's flags, 1 union jack, 1 australian flag and 2 bins painted red and yellow with "Espana" written on them.
The Union Jack's just the Scots trying to pretend they're part of this

:ph34r: :whistling

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GeraintIsMyHero said:
The Union Jack's just the Scots trying to pretend they're part of this

:ph34r: :whistling
Remind me...when was the last time they were in the 2nd round? You know, the round where if you do quite well at some point over the years you'll get into? 8-)

Last edited: