• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Perfect 10

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Matteh said:
When Mansfield played Macclesfield, we were down 3-0 and 3 times late on we made a tackle and their player went down and stayed down for awhile...we thought they were play-acting, then it turned out one guy was actually then out for 6 weeks.
The most obvious sign that it's an act is when they roll all over the ground. If you've actually hurt yourself seriously the last thing you want to do is roll around clutching your knee/ankle/shin - you want to keep yourself as still as possible. When you've done something really serious - say cruciate ligament, or a broken leg - you go into shock a bit and just automatically stay still.

archie mac

International Coach
Sir Redman said:
Something that really hacks me off is when someone stays down after a tackle to stop the other team getting a breakaway. It happens so often these days - one player will come away with the ball with their team in a good position and the other guy will lie down while the rest of their team demand the ball be kicked out. Two minutes later he'll be back up again not at all worse for wear. It's just so typical of modern sport - something that was done in good sportsmanship being used to give yourself an unfair advantage.
This is the reason I have never understood 'Time Out' in American sports. Just when a team is playing really entertaining sport, the opposition calls a time out and stops the quality, entertaining play :(

Cloete

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
The game in general, is the worst part of soccer.
Go to the AFL World Cup forum...

Oh wait... Other nations have to play the game for there to be a World Cup!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
Go to the AFL World Cup forum...

Oh wait... Other nations have to play the game for there to be a World Cup!
Poor comment for mine, considering there is an Aussie Rules world cup, was played last year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And it was a huge success with the game becoming extremely popular in one other country (probably some random island in the Pacific)

benchmark00

GeraintIsMyHero said:
And it was a huge success with the game becoming extremely popular in one other country (probably some random island in the Pacific)
You're a poor human being.

That is all.

Edit: I bet you're English.

benchmark00

luckyeddie said:
And they said that I was predictable.
What? unlike you, I don't target a nation to get cheap laughs, although your pasty skin does amuse me.

I was merely suggesting that being from England, he would know jack **** about AFL.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
benchmark00 said:
What? unlike you, I don't target a nation to get cheap laughs, although your pasty skin does amuse me.

I was merely suggesting that being from England, he would know jack **** about AFL.
'Poor human being' = knows nothing about AFL?

You're wrong there (targeting a nation to get cheap laughs).

I target EVERYONE to get laughs - it's just that one or two of you are so precious that you just think you have a head-start on everyone else.

Seriously, when have I targeted Aussies lately, apart, that is, from your poor taste in beer and your complete knowledge of baking and transvestites?

A few months ago, it was a couple of Kiwis who were screaming - I only had to mention the (albeit hysterically funny) name 'Scott Styris' and the hate mail rolled in.

benchmark00

luckyeddie said:
'Poor human being' = knows nothing about AFL?

You're wrong there (targeting a nation to get cheap laughs).

I target EVERYONE to get laughs - it's just that one or two of you are so precious that you just think you have a head-start on everyone else.

Seriously, when have I targeted Aussies lately, apart, that is, from your poor taste in beer and your complete knowledge of baking and transvestites?

A few months ago, it was a couple of Kiwis who were screaming - I only had to mention the (albeit hysterically funny) name 'Scott Styris' and the hate mail rolled in.
I think you're getting a bit too old to be posting on internet forums.

Give it up.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
benchmark00 said:
I think you're getting a bit too old to be posting on internet forums.

Give it up.
That would probably the most accurate thing you've posted all week if the normal inhabitant of cyberspace was as intellectually stimulating and adult as yourself, but luckily the others have managed to drag the average IQ above single digits.

Say hello to the ignore list, population you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
benchmark00 said:
You're a poor human being.

That is all.

Edit: I bet you're English.
I am English yes. Being English would mean I know nothing about AFL. But then you could probably say the same about the Dutch, french, germand, Italians, Azerbaijanis etc

Point is, why did someone bother coming to the World Cup forum to tell us Football is a rubbish game. If someone came to Cricketweb just to tell us Cricket's crap then no doubt everyone would be fuming.

Poor human being? You think so, if you wish, I'm hardly going to lose any sleep over someone whose location is, after all, listed "Testing forum."

Last edited:

benchmark00

luckyeddie said:
That would probably the most accurate thing you've posted all week if the normal inhabitant of cyberspace was as intellectually stimulating and adult as yourself, but luckily the others have managed to drag the average IQ above single digits.

Say hello to the ignore list, population you.
I'm devastated.

benchmark00

GeraintIsMyHero said:
I am English yes. Being English would mean I know nothing about AFL. But then you could probably say the same about the Dutch, french, germand, Italians, Azerbaijanis etc

Point is, why did someone bother coming to the World Cup forum to tell us Football is a rubbish game. If someone came to Cricketweb just to tell us Cricket's crap then no doubt everyone would be fuming.

Poor human being? You think so, if you wish, I'm hardly going to lose any sleep over someone whose location is, after all, listed "Forum testing."
You tried to pay me out and you failed miserably by getting two words **** up.

And on the topic, he's entitled to his opinion on a FORUM.