• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players of the tournament

Craig

World Traveller
The team doesn't have to win the WC, it could be Michael Essien who gets Ghana into the second round, and since it is his first WC (and for Ghana) he would be remembered for that IMO or he could be from Angola or Togo. You could also go Wayne Rooney, you get the point.

For me I will Francesco Totti, if he is fit enough and in form then he is clearly good enough to lead Italy all the way, and besides he has a lot to make up in the public eye after his sending off in 2002 and his spitting incident in Euro 2004 against Denmark. Totti in a way IMO is a bit under-rated in that he plays for Roma, who are not as big or illustratous as a Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, both Milan clubs, Man U, Chelsea etc. so therefore he doesn't always gets the plaudits of a Ronaldinho, Zidane, Kaka, Gerrard, Ballack etc. and he has been a one-club man, having never left Roma (and I doubt he ever will) but there is no way he is inferior to Ronaldinho or Lampard so if he has a great tournament, even if Italy don't win I will be happy.

I will also go for Thierry Henry, for obvious reasons he needs a big tournament to exercise his demons from previous tournaments (where you could say he flopped in South Keora & Japan and then in Portugal two years later) and I see no reason why he can't do well, and if he does well I will be happy, not to get one over Scaly Piscine as other members will try and do (not naming names).

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I think Gerrard if he's in form can be England's catalyst. He is Liverpool. If he can be England then England will be in with a very good chance.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
shaka ****ing hislop, if i didnt hate him enough before hes very much in the bad books now and i dont even support england!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
One from left field Milan Baros, after he gets the golden boot and they win the world cup.
hes in doubt isnt he for the group stages?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Cahill's small amount of time :)

Simply for his second goal, pure class really. His goal awareness for his first was pretty rad also.

Getting away with a blatant penalty, and harshly rolling a Japanese player in his own penalty box to get a yellow card are also two winners taht should make him a player of the tournament nominee ;)