• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daily Predictions.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Here we go then, the big day, stick your daily predictions here for the next month. No prizes it's just for fun.

Today's fixtures:

Group A

Germany v Costa Rica

Poland v Ecuador

I'm going for the Erics' even without their talismanic East German marvel, not an easy game though: Germany 2 - 1 Costa Rica

Not seen anything of Ecuador, beat Brazil and the Argies in qualifying, but that was probably on a mountain where the air is thinner than my hair, Poland are workman-like and "very proud", I predict an exciting match: Poland 3 - 2 Equador

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
I predict a dire & dour opening day with a workman-like 2-0 victory for the Germans and a mindnumbing 1-1 draw between Poland and Ecuador, two teams who bring absolutely nothing to the WC apart from outstanding mediocrity. Even the two goals will be bad.

Steulen

International Regular
Pedro Delgado said:
Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador...if that isn't a depressing quartet I don't know what is. They couldn't have picked a more horrible two games to start with.

Now I'm off to f some sheep. Puir Beasty.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Steulen said:
Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador...if that isn't a depressing quartet I don't know what is. They couldn't have picked a more horrible two games to start with.

Now I'm off to f some sheep. Puir Beasty.
:laugh:

That's better.

biased indian

International Coach
give three points to who predict result with scoreline correctly

and one point for result only make this a competition man i can help you

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
biased indian said:
give three points to who predict result with scoreline correctly

and one point for result only make this a competition man i can help you
I'm far too lazy to bother with all that nonsense, you're welcome to go ahead if you so wish.

biased indian

International Coach
ok let me try it out but for two three days next week i have a lot of travelling a help would be lot helpful

Ger->2-1

Pol->1-0

Craig

World Traveller
Miroslav Klose to score 2 and Lukas Poldoski 1 in a German 3-1 win over Costa Rica. Poland win 1-0.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Germany 1-0 (Klose header off a corner)
Poland 0-1 Ecuador

even more cheery predictions than the neighbourhood Dutch/Welshman :p

Steulen

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
Germany 1-0 (Klose header off a corner)
Poland 0-1 Ecuador

even more cheery predictions than the neighbourhood Dutch/Welshman :p
Good to see you display the proverbial sunny Scandinavian disposition.