• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daily Predictions.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is it so farfetched that Australia could beat Italy? From what I've seen from both teams in this tournament thus far, I think it's entirely possible.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
Just checking Fishy one - what points system did you adopt in the end?
The one I suggested here. I don't quite see the "double whammy for those who predict a draw" (as even if you've predicted a draw and an eventual winner, you get the point for correct team through), and most people (except you) picked a winner in case of a draw after 90 minutes.

It does mean I'll take 2-4 aet to mean 2-2 unless people specify otherwise.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The thing is, if you predict a draw you then get the chance to get an extra point for predicting who goes through.

If you predict a positive result, you can't then predict someone else to win in the extra half hour.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Brazil 3 - 3 Ghana
(At Full time 3-3 , Brazil 5 - 4 Ghana in Extra time) All of Ghana's goals to come from penalty's for handballs (by different Brazilian each time :laugh: + Referee spotting a few extra penalties for tackles that Brazilians never made, but he is following the almighty's instructions to grant favours to Ghana:laugh: + May be 1-2 own goals by Brazil too to help Ghana. :laugh: Kofi Annan then says at the end of the game, the better Team *Ghana , in his opinion , lost !!:@ * )

Spain 3 - 2 France

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
The thing is, if you predict a draw you then get the chance to get an extra point for predicting who goes through.

If you predict a positive result, you can't then predict someone else to win in the extra half hour.
I reckon predicting a draw AND then the correct winner is trickier than picking the correct winner in 90 minutes. Besides, if you only pick draws, I think the amount of 3-pointers you lose will be more than the slight chance of picking up the extra point.

But feel free to exploit the system, if you think it works.

Code:
Sir Redman         62
BoyBrumby          53
FaaipDeOiad        52
oz_fan             49
Adamc              49
Pedro Delgado      48
Marc               48
Matteh             45
Craig              44
Vimes              42
Broncoman          38