• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daily Predictions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Germany 3 Costa Rica 0
Poland 2 Ecuador 1

Not convinced Ecuador will be much cop at sea-level. Ladbrookes (UK bookies) is offering Evens on Poland to win, which has to be bet of the day IMHO.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
biased indian said:
give three points to who predict result with scoreline correctly

and one point for result only make this a competition man i can help you
Well, after the first day...

LongHopCassidy, Samuel_Vimes, Jamee999 2 points
Pedro Delgado, Adamc, Marc71178, Steulen, 33/3from3.3, oz_fan, Great Birtannia, Blewy, Biased Indian, Craig, Robertinho, Hoggy31, BoyBrumby, FaaipDeOiad 1 point
The Baconator nul points

Last edited:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, and nobody really expected what befell today; one super game and one surprising result perhaps, respectively. Well done to those that predicted an Equadorian win, you deserve a biscuit.

My my, what a beginning to the tournament :) the World Cup is brilliant, we were even on telly as one of my local pubs has turfed the bar area with grass and the local news crew were down reporting, I was very, very drunk and said the "C" word, live. Never mind.

Steulen, your downbeat prediction took one hell of a beating (as did my scorlines).

Time waits for no man, get your predictions in:

Group B

England v Paraguay

Trinidad and Tobago v Sweden

Group C

Argentina v Ivory Coast

For me:

England 3 - 1 Paraguay

T&T 0 - 3 Sweden

Argentina 2 - 1 Ivory Coast

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:

Pedro Delgado, Adamc, Marc71178, Steulen, 33/3from3.3, oz_fan, Great Birtannia, Blewy, Biased Indian, Craig, Robertinho, Hoggy31, BoyBrumby, FaaipDeOiad 1 point
The Baconator nul points
:laugh:

We really know our football! Not one correct score by any of us!

Anyway, for the morrow:

England 3 Paraguay 0
Sweden 4 Trinidad & Tobago 0
Argentina 2 Ivory Coast 1

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
From another forum...

Germany's WC to start farcically as the Costa Ricans grab an early goal to take a shock lead. Germany then resort to hefting the ball off the underside of a blimp positioned above the ground that redirects it towards Miroslav Klose's head. After 82 minutes of this, Klose gets his head on one to equalise.
Germany 1 Costa Rica 1

Poland and Ecuador to play out a particularly gripping first 45 minutes as neither side has more than 2 shots on target, and one of them is an accident. The Poles come into it a little more after the break, enlivened by the realisation that their opponents are rubbish, and they have a chance to wipe away the memories of 2002. Unfortunately, Poland are also rubbish and the game ends goalless.
Poland 0 Ecuador 0

England start unconvincingly as a series of long-range shots spatter the Frankfurt fans, however Paraguay's lack of any height whatsoever at the back finally proves costly as a Beckham cross hits Crouch in the head to spark another dose of the robot.
England 1 Paraguay 0

Sweden are far more efficient in their disposal of Trinidad and Tobago, as a pair of early goals, thanks to lax Trini defending, are followed up by another in the second half to make the game safe. Chris Birchall grabs a late consolation from 37 yards, but Sweden still top the group.
Sweden 3 Trinidad 1

In Group C, Didier Drogba will stun Argentina as he controls the ball successfully twice inside the first five minutes, and scores as the Argie centre backs attempt to recover from the shock factor. Ivory Coast are the best African nation defensively, but even they don't have an answer to substitute Leo Messi's through ball to set up their second-half leveller.
Argentina 1 Ivory Coast 1

biased indian

International Coach
Samuel_Vimes said:

The Baconator nul points
Thnax Mate

LongHopCassidy---------------->2
Samuel_Vimes------------------->2
Jamee999-------------------------->2
Pedro Delgado-------------------->1
Adamc------------------------------->1
Marc71178------------------------->1
Steulen------------------------------>1
33/3from3.3------------------------>1
oz_fan-------------------------------->1
Great Birtannia-------------------->1