• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whose failure are you supporting?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's World Cup tradition to pick a first team and a second team to support, and everyone has a favourite underdog, but which team are you watching in the hope that they are horribly belted and leave the pitch already making a noose from their shoelaces?

For me it's the USA comfortably. I'm never a fan of their sports teams at the best of times, and for some reason I find their mere presence at the World Cup somewhat irritating. They're in an unpredictable yet tough group, and I see a return of 0 points as a distant yet plausible (and desirable) possibility.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Argentina
(daylight)
Germany
(more daylight)
Brazil
Italy
France

I've decided to adopt a patronising "hope they do well as they're not very good" attitude to Oz. :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
No prize for guessing Scaly's answer to this one.

Mine? England would be fun, just to see the immense overreaction of the media. Especially if they did so to Germany.

Wouldn't mind an Italian failure, either.

Craig

World Traveller
Yer Brazilians and Argentina.

Never been a fan of them so I went for Germany in the 2002 WC final.

Steulen

International Regular
Just like commander Vimes, I'm always rooting for abject failure by England, just so I can sit back and witness the backlash.

Other than that, seeing my country's Oranje team make a complete mess of things is a secret cherish as well. Although I'd be equally satisfied with a seven-match clean sweep. Just not a bleak out-in-the-QF's-nothing-much tourney, please, 'mkay?

I hate the idea that Brazil can get anywhere near the final with at least three players needing a Zimmer frame, so it'd be nice to see them go out against the Czechs in the second round.

Cloete

International Captain
England failures are always fun. Here's to another one :D

I do like their team though. So in many ways I want them to do well, but just for some of the English people and the English media I want them to flop :p

It's always fun to see Argentina choke as well.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Germany, France, Italy, Argentina. No particular order. I wouldn't mind Australia getting through to the last 16 then getting humiliatingly trounced - but it's unlikely because of who they're likely to face..