• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whose failure are you supporting?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can I be the first to advocate that no continent should get an extra qualifying place, instead the Hosts should qualify automatically each time, it's quite the scandal that Brazil had to qualify.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
I really am getting old. My "hate" is diluting. I've found myself, over the last few days, "quite indifferent as to" bordering on "wouldn't mind seeing" the US of States or the Convicts doing well in their respective matches.

Where is the hate? :(

Ahh, that's better. ****s.

:sick: :thumbdown :ranting: :censored: :mad2: :furious:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
The simple answer is that being a Rams fan in the 80s I had no choice, they were the Man U/Chelsea of their day, their fans are arrogant filth, the ref's loved 'em etc. The detailed answer, I've learned over the years, is best left alone as it upsets too many people. Sorry if that sounds like a cop out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No worries. Never knew of any Derby County resentment to these parts. Well, except when the mighty whites were stuffing them 5-1 every year

only to be beaten 6-2 in the return game each time

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
GeraintIsMyHero said:
No worries. Never knew of any Derby County resentment to these parts. Well, except when the mighty whites were stuffing them 5-1 every year

only to be beaten 6-2 in the return game each time
Never had a problem with your mob. It's mainly LFC, though the Toffees have ****ed me off now-and-again, Wanchope took some serious racist **** up there one year. All the DCFC mates from my era hate LFC.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Never had a problem with your mob. It's mainly LFC, though the Toffees have ****ed me off now-and-again, Wanchope took some serious racist **** up there one year. All the DCFC mates from my era hate LFC.
I love Wanchope, for what it's worth. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:mad2: You will find a lot of racism at Everotn. I know a lot of Evertonians and they're smashing people. But there's also a lot I choose not to get to know. obviously there's that element with every football club, but round my way, there are some nasty bluenoses. Working in the pub on derby day is never fun. How glad was I that Tranmere games clashed with both derbies the season just gone, so i was at the game and not in work :)

I don't do bar work anymore either. So derby day will always now be a day when three quarters of merseyside fall out with one another while I watch us get an undeserved point against mighty teams like Yeovil or Cheltenham

And of course, those Liverpool fans let everyone down, including their own. Worth considering that the Liverpool sides of 88 and 90 would've given anyone a run for their money in Europe, but it is understandable the way you, Everton etc feel when it comes to that European ban.

It does get me riled up though, because there were Leeds fans murdered in 2001 and what did UEFA do?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Can I be the first to advocate that no continent should get an extra qualifying place, instead the Hosts should qualify automatically each time, it's quite the scandal that Brazil had to qualify.
Holders surely?

Germany are the hosts and qualified automatically ;)