• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lehmann writes off England

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ahh the mind games...

also seems to me Michael Ballack isnt keen on making friends with anyone, hes basically rubbished his German side saying they are "A shadow of their former selves" and also having a go at England (obviously where hes playing next season) saying they cant win it basically.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Just glancing at the side that lost to Brazil last time..

David Seaman
Danny Mills
Rio Ferdinand
Sol Campbell
Ashley Cole
David Beckham
Nicky Butt
Paul Scholes
Trevor Sinclair
Emile Heskey
Michael Owen

Subs
Teddy Sheringham
Darius Vassell
Kieron Dyer

..I think this years team is far far better, plus there's no heat factor to contend; with a little luck we could go quite a distance. Not sure about the mental block stuff, peno's are a lottery and it's not just England that have a poor record in them.

/quietly optimistic

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The Baconator said:
Is it dumb to think this is Darren Lehmann talking about the Ashes when you open the thread?
I thought it was him too but was wondering why he would be talking about football?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
All of this begs the question - one's Australian and one's German. How'd they end up with the same name? Maybe Darren has German heritage. I'm sure he'd be a shoo-in for their national team long after his retirement from first-class cricket. :D

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
All of this begs the question - one's Australian and one's German. How'd they end up with the same name? Maybe Darren has German heritage. I'm sure he'd be a shoo-in for their national team long after his retirement from first-class cricket. :D
There's a suprisingly large German contingent in Australia i'm led to believe. I'm a German student, i'm fed information about the use of German around the world.:unsure:

Cloete

International Captain
Matteh said:
There's a suprisingly large German contingent in Australia i'm led to believe. I'm a German student, i'm fed information about the use of German around the world.:unsure:
There's a large proprortion of people from everywhere here, though. Germans aren't too highly at all though in comparison to places like Italy, Greece, the FYR's and the UK.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, I too thought this was about Darren, because I entered it after hitting "New Posts", rather than through the WC forum...

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
I thought the Mad Darren part would have pointed out I wasn't actually serious.

Hopefully the two teams meet each other in the second round.