• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H: Spain, Ukraine, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wonderfully unselfish play from Shevchenko to set up the fourth there. Looked far more like what they're capable of being today.

Could just be the Saudis being turd, mind... :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ukraine should be on track to come second in this group & will probably set up & intersting second round clash with Korea.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Ha. Spain reverting to jibbing type. :D

Nice of them to wait til I put money on them to win as well.... 8-) :p
Must have a lot riding on it to bribe Tunisia's goalkeeper...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Must have a lot riding on it to bribe Tunisia's goalkeeper...
Error of judgement - apart from that walkabout he was excellent.

3-1 now - we saw two different Spains tonight.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Spain look the goods to me. They didn't have their best game tonight by any means, played a pretty solid Tunisia side that defended well and whose keeper played well, and still put 3 past them. Fabregas' performance off the bench was the best individual effort since Cahill, and Torres would have had a hat-trick if he hadn't stuffed up the easy chance for his second before the penalty. Would have won me $45 if he got it, too.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm annoyed because I tipped Spain to 4-1 in the predictions thread, but oh no he just had to miss didn't he.

On the other hand I can really see Spain running up the equvilant of a cricket score against Saudi Arabia.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah probs rest some of the big guns i imagine, whilst giving a run out to fabregas and raul, maybe marchena coming in for a go at centre back.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I can see them easing to a 1 or 2 nil using some of the squad.
Talk is Aragones will rest all of the eleven which started against Tunisia on Monday for the Saudi game tomorrow night.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Can't see he'd go that far - very risky tactic.
His a man of his word old Aragones, completely different line up and Spain are in complete cruise control.