• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G: France, Switzerland, South Korea, Togo

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
For the purpose of the CW forums, there should have been less groups. Or I could have done this more smartly.

Anyways...

Teams are France, Switzerland, Korea Republic and Togo.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
France and .... well im undecided here, Korea went well last world cup but i think the home advantage was the key there.. I will say Togo, just because i want them to..

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
France and Switzerland looks most likely, Koreans in poor form at the moment. Easy, easy draw for a French side that I think is distinctly poor. Their first XI is pretty good, but the backup is attrocious, particularly in defence.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Swiss are in good form, Togo the surprise package, France will dissapoint, Koreans will be organised.

Swiss to top the group, France to sneak second

BoyBrumby

Englishman
France would worry me if I were French. Too reliant on the same talent that won them the trophy in 98. Switzerland are (contrary to the namby-pamby neutral stereotype) a tough, physical team who overcame Turkey in the play-offs. They may be a tad too dependent on Frei for goals tho.

South Korea won't have such charitable reffing this time & Togo, well their top boy is a Gooner, but their presence has probably already exceeded national expectations.

France to top group on goal diff from the Swiss.

1) France
2) Switzerland
3) South Korea
4) Togo

Cloete

International Captain
France and the Suisse

Hopefully South Korea fail miserably. I still hate the ****s for the 2002 ********. While everyone was so happy the underdog had done well I was so ****ed off FIFA so blatantly paid off the referees.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Craigos, I see murder in ya eyes.

Anyway, fairly straight forward...

1. France
2. Switzerland
3. South Korea
4. Togo

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
France and the Suisse

Hopefully South Korea fail miserably. I still hate the ****s for the 2002 ********. While everyone was so happy the underdog had done well I was so ****ed off FIFA so blatantly paid off the referees.
Lot of emotion there, young man! :laugh:

You got some Italian blood?

Cloete

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Lot of emotion there, young man! :laugh:

You got some Italian blood?
Bit of a Spanish fan.

Not to mention fair play...I can attest to being a fan of that. 8-)

I am 1/16 Italian though, so that might explain the outbursts :p

atichon

School Boy/Girl Captain
BoyBrumby said:
France would worry me if I were French. Too reliant on the same talent that won them the trophy in 98. Switzerland are (contrary to the namby-pamby neutral stereotype) a tough, physical team who overcame Turkey in the play-offs. They may be a tad too dependent on Frei for goals tho.

[/B]
Yes I am worried, and I don't even want them to go through the group phase. I don't think I will watch. Their game is bureaucratic and boring boring boring.

Zidane is an old man now, a shade of himself, and noone is exciting in the new generation.

Besides, we've got the worst coach, not supported by his players, his country, (his wife ?), a very strange selection where Pires, Giuly, Micoud were left out, 2 newbies who hadn't even played a match before... enough said. Come on Togo !

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Cisse breaks shin, gets all the nice injuries doesn't he
So hard on Cisse but also Liverpool, who just had agreed a deal (today) with Marseille to take the French striker to the Velodrome.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
atichon said:
Yes I am worried, and I don't even want them to go through the group phase. I don't think I will watch. Their game is bureaucratic and boring boring boring.

Zidane is an old man now, a shade of himself, and noone is exciting in the new generation.
Besides, we've got the worst coach, not supported by his players, his country, (his wife ?), a very strange selection where Pires, Giuly, Micoud were left out, 2 newbies who hadn't even played a match before... enough said. Come on Togo !
Franck Ribéry?

It is a shame Raymond Domenech acting career has not taking off, would have made a fantastic stage actor.

Craig

World Traveller
TT Boy said:
So hard on Cisse but also Liverpool, who just had agreed a deal (today) with Marseille to take the French striker to the Velodrome.
Loan (ie go through on July 1) or transfer?