• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G: France, Switzerland, South Korea, Togo

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Play to the whistle. Second thing all kids are taught after "if in doubt, put it out".

Draw has opened up for Oz tho. If you can wrestle a result out of Italy you do have a very sporting chance of a semi. I was rooting for you to qualify, but a semi spot might severely test my new found love... :p
Think of it this way - if Australia lose, Italy will make the semis.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Draw has opened up for Oz tho. If you can wrestle a result out of Italy you do have a very sporting chance of a semi. I was rooting for you to qualify, but a semi spot might severely test my new found love... :p
I wouldn't hold it against them too much.

For most of my life, I just blindly accepted that Australia were better than England at cricket. It'd take some getting used to, coming to terms with the likelihood that they're better than us at football as well, but I'm sure I'll manage it, and bottle the rage.

Then I'd snap and go on a rampage of revenge, probably involving walking into the local Billabong Bar armed only with a bucket of warm beer and a stirrup pump.

meflymatty

Cricket Spectator
luckyeddie said:
I wouldn't hold it against them too much.

For most of my life, I just blindly accepted that Australia were better than England at cricket. It'd take some getting used to, coming to terms with the likelihood that they're better than us at football as well, but I'm sure I'll manage it, and bottle the rage.

Then I'd snap and go on a rampage of revenge, probably involving walking into the local Billabong Bar armed only with a bucket of warm beer and a stirrup pump.
And rugby

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
meflymatty said:
And rugby

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Rugby can go and take a running jump as far as I'm concerned.

A game invented by a ponce who couldn't play football, and played by ponces for the next 140 years.

You can have it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Switzerland are no mugs, one of the best organised teams in the competition. Like Australia they play to their strengths and try nothing fancy, workman like but it is effective. Italy should no this and not underestimate them (or even Australia) considering they only played each other last month in a brutal encounter where both teams really went hard at each other and the Swiss you could argue got the better of them on that day.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Rugby can go and take a running jump as far as I'm concerned.

A game invented by a ponce who couldn't play football, and played by ponces for the next 140 years.

You can have it.
Influenza > Rugby Union.