Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Group G: France, Switzerland, South Korea, Togo

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Rather a change of subject, but anyone know the deal with Ribery's scar? Very impressive, I have to say. His profile on Wiki doesn't mention it.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Rather a change of subject, but anyone know the deal with Ribery's scar? Very impressive, I have to say. His profile on Wiki doesn't mention it.
    Car crash as a kid, disfigured his face.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    condolences to him for that, cant be nice living with that sort of contstand reminder, but he is another one who has looked distinctly unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    zidane was a great player, he is no longer, that is all to be said on the matter really. But yes, certainly right about giuly. As for Henry's partner up front, trezeguet has continually been a dissapointment, were cisse fit i doubt he wouldo do much better, sames goes for anelka another player playing just behind him like Zidane is supposed to, like Bergkamp does for arsenal would be ideal, but frances closest thing to that is probably Pires, and hes not available, its a tough problem for them, but the managers questionable selection of squad means that they have a distinct lack of other alternatives, which is why essentially they will not progress much further in the competition.
    fair enough, but i'd give them at least a second round appearance..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    France seem to be making a massive struggle in getting through and i can see South Korea and Switzerland beating them in the group because of tonight's result...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    a bit harsh on Zidane don't you think after his superb winner in the CL league final in 2002 just b 4 the last world cup no one would have thought he would have declined so much.
    4 years ago Trevor Sinclair was our best midfielder.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

France - living off past glory.

If Paul Le Guen had just waited a few more months, he could have got the French job at the end of this World Cup instead of managing yer Gers (to quote BB).
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    I don't like South Korea much, but my interest in Australia's welfare outweighed that today, as I'm pretty keen to see South Korea win the group and get in our part of the draw, so I was happy to see the late goal. France played a pretty poor sort of game really, didn't push hard enough for a second goal, didn't bring Trezuguet on early enough, and so on. Barthez is a chump, too.
    Like what I have been saying about Fobo the Clown.

I mean is there any need to go running up to half way to make a clearance when he doesn't need during his Man Utd days, or his moronic statments after being sent off in the 03-04 UEFA Cup Final?

I can understand why Coupet was ****ed off that was going to be second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    I'll probably get a right hammering for what I'm about to say - but does anyone think that Scaly might be right? While I disagree that he has never performed against the best clubs, he hasn't seemed capable of producing the goods at international level in a long-time. At France 98, he looked very good as a young whippersnapper but since then his international performances have been more out of the Djibiril Cisse tetxtbook.

I might be wrong, but I think some of you might be more inclined to agree with Scaly's argument if it wasn't Scaly's argument
    It will be a long cold day in hell before Marc would take that line of thinking.

Actually I believe I said something similar after the last European Championships...

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    There's nothing wrong with parts of Scaly's argument... Henry has underachieved at international level when compared to his club performances. However, his record in major tournaments is pretty good, especially when you consider that his side have only scored one World Cup goal since 1998, and he scored it. His club performances are obviously top notch and have been for some time, and his record in internationals isn't really that bad, it's just average rather than sensational.

The thing that makes Scaly's argument absurd is how ridiculously over the top he goes with it. Giving him a derogatory nickname and carrying on every time he misses a chance as if he's the worst striker on earth is idiotic, and funnily enough it's the same thing he does with Sven. I wonder why that could be...
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    and funnily enough it's the same thing he does with Sven. I wonder why that could be...
    They both have big foreheads?

To be fair too Fabien, France were still in the mire when Coupet was behind the sticks.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Well done South Korea. I've been a fan since USA 94 and was made up in the last WC when they finally won a game. Looks like they may make it through the group stages for the first time away from home.

As for France, oh dear...i did say they'd do nothing in this tournament
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Poor William Gallas, at least he seems to care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbPwO...lliam%20gallas

Well at least France’s qualification is still seemingly in their own hands. The sole objective against Togo will be goals, if the French can score a hatful which considering the strife Togo are in (and even with the discord in French camp). It is not too hard to foresee them progressing.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information