• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G: France, Switzerland, South Korea, Togo

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Loan (ie go through on July 1) or transfer?
was a transfer i believe, bit hard on Cisse it shouldnt disrupt the french too much, but im sure they'd rather have him fit than not!

Craig

World Traveller
Now you can see why clubs want compensation when their players get injured when they have to release their players for international duty to go play in some friendly which proves or means nothing.

If were Liverpool I would be demanding money from the FFF or FIFA, if they say no (which they will), sue them.

In other French/Ligue 1 news Milan are said to be interested in Rennes youngster Yoann Gourcuff and this could happen after Rennes confirmed this. Anybody seen him play? Is he good as the hype suggests?

Craig

World Traveller
Togo's coach has resigned after a dispute with bonuses and this four days out from their first game.

I would have told the players if you lot want a bonus, go out there and earn it, or otherwise you don't deserve it.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well that's an encouraging sign. Probably should have waited till they got eliminated though it's not that far off a date.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:
Upset on the cards here
It wouldn't be a major upset if you look at both teams recent form. Togo have be a lot more impressive quailfying and during the African Nations Cup, then South Korea in the last six months.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not much of an upset for mine, if it does happen. I don't think South Korea are all that good. They finished behind the Saudis in qualifying, and last world cup they had the benefit of Hiddink and some ridiculously friendly umpiring.

Given the way they robbed Italy and Spain last time around, I won't be too sorry to see them lose here and miss out on the second round, either. At the very least, my 2-1 to Togo prediction is looking decent.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
It wouldn't be a major upset if you look at both teams recent form. Togo have be a lot more impressive quailfying and during the African Nations Cup, then South Korea in the last six months.
Beat me to it. Though I think Togo lost all three games in the African Nations Cup. :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Beat me to it. Though I think Togo lost all three games in the African Nations Cup. :p
Yeah true, but they had a fairly hard group Cameron, Angola and Congo who are not too far behind the better African sides. But finishing ahead of Sengal is a lot more impressive then behind the Saudis.

pasag

RTDAS
chaminda_00 said:
Fair enough

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
FaaipDeOiad said:
Not much of an upset for mine, if it does happen. I don't think South Korea are all that good. They finished behind the Saudis in qualifying, and last world cup they had the benefit of Hiddink and some ridiculously friendly umpiring.

not to forget the crowd support that they got...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Man that was some poor football from Togo, bad defending, poor keeping, he didn't even dive. Decent free kick though, i think Togo may have just shoot themselves in the foot.