• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

howardj

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
You're just pathetic

Did you not see some of the agricultural tackles from Australia? Then you've got the big guys up front that they just hoof it up to...

Sounds like Leeds to me

You gormless tit... etc.

Zzzz.
As with all throughout the Ashes series, it's in your character to kick people/teams when they're down. Big note yourself. Pretty silent after the goals are scored though. :laugh: Typical. You're just a one-dimensional Aussie-bashing clown.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Oh. My. ****ing. God.

Best moment in Australian sport since... well, the 99 cricket WC or something. Unbelievable.

A 1-0 loss would have been a travesty given the style of the first goal, and at 1-1 I was at least not so disappointed. 2-1 was, well, phenomenal.

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
(somehow I managed to miss this entire forum board)

Wow, Cahill just won me two rounds of drinks (for each goal) next month.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
On a serious note, Viduka was way better than people here are giving him credit for.I thought he was excellent in the first half, and very nearly set Bresciano up with a fantastic back heel, and he did a very good job as the target man and was never beaten. He also hit a very nice free kick that could have been a goal.

As the SBS guys have said over and over, Kewell should have been on the left at the start and Cahill in the middle, but otherwise Hiddink was genius. Kennedy is a perfect option off the bench and was the catalyst for most of our later moves, and Cahill was obviously superb with his finishes.

A great moment in Australian sport.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
As with all throughout the Ashes series, it's in your character to kick people/teams when they're down. Big note yourself. Pretty silent after the goals are scored though. :laugh: Typical.
Gotta love an Aussie moaning about kicking people/teams when they're down, I guess you can't take what you dish out eh.

Anyways I watched the second half downstairs (to keep a smart Aussie company - the pet ****atiel used as my avatar), my computer is upstairs - go figure.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As the SBS guys have said over and over, Kewell should have been on the left at the start and Cahill in the middle, but otherwise Hiddink was genius. Kennedy is a perfect option off the bench and was the catalyst for most of our later moves, and Cahill was obviously superb with his finishes.
Yeah the ball followed him, didn't it? Initially I thought his execution was off but he was there or thereabouts and the Japanese coach had to take him seriously, freeing up some space for the others. To use a cricketing analogy, Viduka was the accumulator who batted through the innings, Kennedy the guy who raised the run-rate to make the target possible and Cahill the guy who hit two sixes to win the game.

Tim Cahill = h.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
Yeah the ball followed him, didn't it? Initially I thought his execution was off but he was there or thereabouts and the Japanese coach had to take him seriously, freeing up some space for the others. To use a cricketing analogy, Viduka was the accumulator who batted through the innings, Kennedy the guy who raised the run-rate to make the target possible and Cahill the guy who hit two sixes to win the game.

Tim Cahill = h.
Indeed. I don't know how many people watched Australia v Liechtenstein, but Kennedy showed his class in that game off the bench, and as soon as I saw him I thought he was a perfect option for the WC. He's got great presence and he's a brilliant target man, and in the air he's absolutely lethal, though he didn't show it so much tonight.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely 'e' has to be a derogatory term, seeing as it was in reference to Zimbabwe cricket.

Maybe 'h' is as well, considering it was posted directly after a C_C post...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know why but I was rooting for Australia today. Couldn't watch because they haven't supplied us with the TV they promised us in work and ITV aren't streaming but still, it sure was exicitng watching the score updates as three quick goals went in. Cahill's in my fantasy team as well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
benchmark00 said:
Surely 'e' has to be a derogatory term, seeing as it was in reference to Zimbabwe cricket.

Agree with your first analysis, but perhaps the second ('h') is some really strong form of agreement or approval, a bit like the old Vulcan Mind-meld (after all, chris.hinton and C_C seem to both have certain outlandish beliefs, although not necessarily the same ones)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 said:

I retract my 'Guus Hiddink = e' comment in that case. He can be some other form of 'h' perhaps.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Congrats Australia, good performance. Japan's goal clearly shouldn't have stood, and Cahill's second was an absolute cracker, as much as the annoying little git gets on my nerves. I think 3-1 was probably a little flattering, and the Japanese defence hardly put up a stern test, but it was a hell of a lot more impressive than England were first up.

I do think you guys have got to keep your feet on the ground, though - Australia gave Japan a lot of space on the counterattack today, and against Brazil that can't happen. The gameplan against Brazil will have to be a totally different one, and I'm not quite sure that Australia have it in them to adapt well enough to get a result. I'd confidently predict a Brazilian win, but I wouldn't bet against a sneaky draw against Croatia. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Let's hope the Aussies kick the Brazillians off the pitch, leaving them sore and bruised