• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shounak said:
I don't give a flying **** what the score says.. 3 -0

Awesome victory..
I do like the old beeb to be accurate - after all, I am at work.

Well done Aussie - left it late but got there in the end.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
chaminda_00 said:
man you got to feel sorry for Japan, but they feel apart. OMG i can't believe that happened.
Yeah I do feel for Japan, particularly since I like watching them but oh well, go Aussie. :) Great come back.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1-0 loss; expected against Asia's strongest team.
1-1 draw; a 'pat on the back, well done lads' performance.
2-1 win; a boilover
3-1; a fantasy.

That did not just happen. I don't believe what I just saw.

I mean the first Aussie goal was just the result of a bad decision by the Japanese goalie, the second was a great strike with a slice of luck and the third one, well, the Japanese defenders left their goalie for dead, didn't they?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

OK, I've been putting this down to whinging Aussies for about 65 minutes, but yikes...not looking very good. The right team won in the end, then.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
All three Australian substitutes were outstanding. Viduka's still fat and hopelessly overrated. That is all.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All three Australian substitutes were outstanding. Viduka's still fat and hopelessly overrated
A bit harsh on the first part but have agreed with the second part since he was playing in Sydney. :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
you're a pathetic aussie basher

hope you enjoyed our three goals

you misery guts.
You're just pathetic

Did you not see some of the agricultural tackles from Australia? Then you've got the big guys up front that they just hoof it up to...

Sounds like Leeds to me

You gormless tit... etc.

Zzzz.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly - Goto England thread or watch your Durham Football or whatever they play.

Congratulations to Australia on a very good victory. One more win vs. coatia and they will be through to next round.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
howardj said:
you're a pathetic aussie basher

hope you enjoyed our three goals

you misery guts.
On the contrary..... he's quite good at it.

Praise indeed to be compared to Dirty Leeds - but in fairness I started that (sorry) by digging at Harry Kewell, a dirty, cheating, diving piece of dirt with less attractive qualities than a headlouse.

And I stand by every word.

andyc

steds said:
All three Australian substitutes were outstanding. Viduka's still fat and hopelessly overrated. That is all.
He played pretty well I thought (mind you, I'm no avid soccer watcher. Been playing it since I was four though [still rubbish, too]).

Scaly piscine

Samuel_Vimes said:

OK, I've been putting this down to whinging Aussies for about 65 minutes, but yikes...not looking very good. The right team won in the end, then.
That goal was a bit of a mess really and hard to say what exactly happened, some say Schwarzer ran out tried to clear the Japan player out of the way, which knocked himself off balance and so it was a fair goal and Schwarzer's fault. Then there's the obvious Japan played blocked him off etc. There's also the possibility that the Japanese player (on the left) got pushed into the keepers' path.

Anyway Cahill should have given away a penalty at 1-1 (it was pretty blatant) but got away with it, so whatever happened Australia weren't hard done to in the end.