• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Cloete

International Captain
andyc said:
A joke my brother showed me, apologies if you've seen it before.

It is just before the Australia v Brazil Group game at the World Cup. Ronaldino goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum. "What's up?" he asks. "Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Australia. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered". Ronaldino looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldino goes out to play Australia by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars. After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - Australia 0 (Ronaldino 10 minutes)".

He is beating Australia all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on. "Result from the Stadium "Brazil 1 (Ronaldino 10 minutes) - Australia 1 (Viduka 89 minutes)".

They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against Australia!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldino. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against Australia, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, No, I have, I've let you down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"
There was a thread posted about it in this forum :blink:

Cloete

International Captain
Travis_Teh said:
Once more, ignoring all other posts ..... one would have to be mentally challenged to think Brazil would not make it through from this group.

To join Brazil ..... being Australian I will be biased and say the Aussies.... but realistically....the ultimate dark horses in Croatia will probably go through.'

Well done to Australia for making the finals regardless of results :D
Croatia will be like Poland IMO. Far too much hype, greatly overrated.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Craig said:
'We?'

I thought you were supporting Croatia?
I am. Haha, this pool has killed me inside. When they were announcing the pools, the only thing I didn`t want was Croatia and Australia in the same group. I got that, and then Brazil against both of them. :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
If Australia win, this 'dirty play' accusations by the Japanese will look the greatest case of Sour Grapes I have seen in a long time.

archie mac

International Coach
I always feel a little uncomfortable when I discuss sports I don't know much about:huh:

But.... I predict the Aussies by 1-0 scored by Harry in the 71st min:) :cool: (I am glad there are no Greigy awards on here)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty excited about this game tonight. It's simply crucial for Australia to win. If we do, there's a fair chance that with a good performance against Croatia we could make the second round, but a loss would make it virtually impossible.

I'd say Australia are the better team really, but anything can happen on the day.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I always feel a little uncomfortable when I discuss sports I don't know much about:huh:

But.... I predict the Aussies by 1-0 scored by Harry in the 71st min:) :cool: (I am glad there are no Greigy awards on here)
2-0 for me, first scored by Cahill late in the first half, and then Kennedy off the bench in the 80th minute to seal it. Both headers.

archie mac

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
2-0 for me, first scored by Cahill late in the first half, and then Kennedy off the bench in the 80th minute to seal it. Both headers.
Okay we will go with yours :cool:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Travis_Teh said:
Weird, I always wrote Broncoman off as an outback hick with no idea about decent football ;)

*cough*
andyc said:
A joke my brother showed me, apologies if you've seen it before.

It is just before the Australia v Brazil Group game at the World Cup. Ronaldino goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum. "What's up?" he asks. "Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Australia. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered". Ronaldino looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldino goes out to play Australia by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars. After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - Australia 0 (Ronaldino 10 minutes)".

He is beating Australia all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on. "Result from the Stadium "Brazil 1 (Ronaldino 10 minutes) - Australia 1 (Viduka 89 minutes)".

They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against Australia!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldino. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against Australia, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, No, I have, I've let you down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"
:laugh: :laugh:

Australia to win, possibly 2-1. I can see us scoring 2 goals and being the better side, but our defence is pretty shaky and I wouldn't be surprised if we conceded a goal.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
andyc said:
I don't WANT Australia to lose 2-0 - I'd love them to win.

(although I'd like the rules to be changed so that Australia can win yet Harry Kewell (or to give him his full title, 'Harry Kewell, Obnoxious Ex-Leeds Diving Cheating Scum') is permitted to lose.

No, not lose. What's the word I'm looking for?

Ah yes, rot. That's it.