• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Yes, I did see what happened.

Neill went to ground, then as Grosso went towards him, he lifter himself up into Grosso - hence it was a penalty.
He didn't move, Grosso actually made it over him with the front leg before taking it out from under himself. Why was Grosso featured in a spread in your own papers in full uniform with a 'No Diving' sign in the background diving into a pool?

(I know I'm a bit late with this but I've been away from a computer for a while.)

Son Of Coco

marc71178 said:
Nope, none of the Aussies on here had a problem with the pitch when Clarke (!) took 6-9.
Nope...Ponting and Gillespie had both mentioned it before the end of the match.

Son Of Coco

luckyeddie said:
A match-fit Kewell is exactly the same as a non match-fit Kewell - a bone-idle one-trick pony passenger of a waste of space. Championship standard if you are lucky, a cheating, diving piece of filth who has made a living conning one club after another into giving him a lucrative contract.

And I'm only saying that because I like him so much.
I've never got around to asking you this before...why do you like Harry Kewell so much? Did he step on your duck?

Son Of Coco

luckyeddie said:
It was probably no more or no less than any other player in history has ever done, but his blatant dive in the penalty area the fifth minute of injury time when Horatio Carbonari went to tackle him stuck in my craw.

It wasn't the fact that it was a penalty, the proximity to the end of the match or the fact that he'd conned the referee. It was the fact that it was right in front of where I was sitting (by now standing, shaking my fist naturally), and the guy, while pretending to be hurt, had this stupid grin on his face.

It was also the start of Derby's wheels working loose.

I've hated Leeds United all my life, it seems, and this incident just typifies why they are despised - and not just by me.
Ahha, sounds remarkably similar to a penalty we suffered in this World Cup...(no need to comment Marc! :happy: )

Son Of Coco

Samuel_Vimes said:
Same reason as everyone seems to hate the US team (see the Whose failure are you supporting? thread). Come January, most of you will have forgotten one can kick a round ball, the A-League will be bankrupt in 2008, and Australia will win the Asian Cup without anyone caring.

(sorry. Supported Croatia because of the above, which is completely biased and utter nonsense, and I probably shouldn't post right now. But still...mmf.)
The reason everyone hates the US team is cause they're from the US...:happy:

and as we all know Americans make widespread statements about other nations without really knowing what they're on about :ph34r: