Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Have to say Sterjovski = great stuff too.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Lol how passionate was Craig Foster at the end of the game when he was interviewed - onya Fozzie

That said, apart from being captain does Viduka really should be in the starting line-up?
    Haha yeah, Fozzie, legend. Also, Viduka should definitely be there. He played well in the 1st half, and was marked doggedly by Simunic. I'm also absolutely disgusted by Mr Lonely...
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    **** YES!! WE ****ING DID IT! COME ON AUSTRALIA YOU ****ING HEROES! WE ****ING ****ED FIFA UP THE ****ING ****S! I'M ****ING SICK OF THEIR TOTAL ********! HAVE FUN CRYING ABOUT THAT ONE FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS YOU ****ING ****S FIFA! HAHA GHANA AND AUSTRALIA THROUGH! CRYING OVER EUROPE, ASIA AND THE US NOW NO DOUBT?? SERVES YOU THE **** RIGHT FOR BEING SUCH A ****IGN JOKE OF A PIECE OF A **** OF AN ORGANISATION! GRAHAM POLL IS ****ING KIDDING HIMSELF IF HE THINKS HE CAN REFEREE AT A DECENT STANDARD! SHIP HIM OFF TO CROATIA BECAUSE HIS WORLD CUP IS OVER WITH THEIRS!

**** YOU SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! ALL THOSE YEARS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND GOING TO THE AIS MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO LAND A FAIR TACKLE ON SOMEONE! BET HE'S ****ING HAPPY NOW! HAVE FUN IN CROATIA! I BET THEY DON'T EVEN WANT YOU EITHER

WE ****ING DOMINATED THE GAME AND ABSOLUTELY OUTCLASSED CROATIA IN EVERY FACET. PERHAPS THEY WON THE FIFA PREFERRED TEAM STAKES, THOUGH.

**** YOU JAPAN, **** YOU GRAHAM POLL, **** YOU CROATIA AND GET ****ED JOSIP SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! LUCAS NEILL IS GOD HIMSELF!

WE ****ING DID IT! WE'RE IN THE 2ND ****ING ROUND!! COME THE **** ON AUSTRALIA!
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    No his fat and 5 goals in 35 odd games is not acceptable, has this man never played against Tonga.

Can not wait for Australia Italy, the dirtiest teams in the tournament facing off against each other. The midfield battle between Vince Grella and Gennaro Gattuso will be ugly.
    Red card's aplenty.

Too bad Daniele De Rossi had to do an elbow to the head in the USA game, he could of at least saved it for this game

And we can never rule out a Marco Materazzi challange on Harry Kewell, or Marco Bresciano or on somebody else...

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    the German take on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Bild
    Kewell lets the Kanguruhs hop
    By KLAUS SCHLUETTER and FRANC ERNST

Australia has 2:2 after that against Croatia for the first time a WM round of the last sixteen in the bag.

Which for one fight with four gates and three place references. There the Kaenguruh hops before luck!

Typically Australia.

They ackern up to the conclusion and are recompenced.

Harry Kewell (FC Liverpool/79.) its "Sooceroos" meets in a collective joy-tumbles from four meters, falls.

Which for a gate crime film.

Croatia first shot a hit.

Srna, which verdaddelte against Japan still another Elfer, sinks the 22-Meter-Freistoss to the 1:0 (3.).

Greg of moorlands (38./Foulelfer) strikes back 1:1 for the Aussies -. Breakdown-gate-wait Kalac leaves a Kovac Kovac-Schues over the line holpern - 1:2 (57.).

Australia now raus, Croatia further.

But then Harry Kewell comes.

Ice-coldly, like of Liverpool Prime Minister League professional to the 2:2 (79.) executed.

In the nerve crime film fly still the Croats Simic (AC Mailand/84.) and Simunic (90. +3) as well as Kaenguruh Emerton (87.) with yellow-red down.

2:2 - it is enough!

Now Monday in the round of the last sixteen Italy is to believe to.
    how does Craig Moore become Greg of Moorlands?
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

hahas athe ernmans are fukng legends!!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Who is crime film?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    I'm waiting for my post world cup call up into the Australian team in place of Kalac......

The end was an utter shambles, and Poll will almost certainly not be refereeing the final.

Again though. FIFA have been pretty stupid with their choice of referees for certain games. Mexican ref - England vs Paraguay. Hispanic ref refereeing another Hispanic country. Spainish ref in the Ecuador game. English ref doing an Australia game
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Babelfish like the rest of us here it seems - lost for words.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

I cheered when Kewell scored as well...

Wouldn't have been fair if Croatia had gone through, Australia were dominant for most of the match...

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    Again though. FIFA have been pretty stupid with their choice of referees for certain games. Mexican ref - England vs Paraguay. Hispanic ref refereeing another Hispanic country. Spainish ref in the Ecuador game. English ref doing an Australia game
    Poll was just as bad to the Croats as the Australians.

Yeah Mexico and Paraguay have so many things in common, other than being as far away as Britain is to the Sudan. The people are exactly the same, the cultural is so similar, both countries speak the same language, Mexicans speak Spanish, the vast majority of Paraguayans speak Guaraní et cetera et cetera.

Also I doubt the Ecuadorians fully understood the Spanish ref, considering people from Ecuador speak colloquial Spanish.

btw Brazil started to string things together in the second half against Japan.

Good to watch, and good to see Ronaldo get a couple of goals.

Poll was just as bad to the Croats as the Australians.
    While I'm not looking to have a whinge about the refereeing, that was clearly not the case. Australia had two of the most blatant penalties you will ever see ignored, including one that should also have been a red card as a deliberate handball prevented a clear shot at goal, and Simunic was left on the field after being given two yellows. Obviously both sides suffered poor decisions, as Kewell was also offside for his goal (though that wasn't Poll's fault), but Australia had the worst of it by a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    While I'm not looking to have a whinge about the refereeing, that was clearly not the case. Australia had two of the most blatant penalties you will ever see ignored, including one that should also have been a red card as a deliberate handball prevented a clear shot at goal, and Simunic was left on the field after being given two yellows. Obviously both sides suffered poor decisions, as Kewell was also offside for his goal (though that wasn't Poll's fault), but Australia had the worst of it by a long way.
    For sure but I failed to the see a clear bias which Matteh's post was alluding to, presumably Poll speaks English, Australia people are sometimes known to speak English. Put two and two together and you get five.

For sure but I failed to the see a clear bias which Matteh's post was alluding to, presumably Poll speaks English, Australia people are sometimes known to speak English. Put two and two together and you get five.
    Yeah, I don't think it was biased, just crappy referreeing. In fact, in terms of general fairness in approach to the contest, I thought this game had the best refereeing of the three Australia have been involved in. There's been a clear influence that's come into the refereeing so far from the media image of Australia as a rough team, and I think the foul count of 26-9 or whatever it was in the Brazil game bears that out pretty well. In this game, the referee was pretty fair, he just made a lot of mistakes.

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread Information