Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    It's gonna be hard against Italy without Emerton, who I thought played really well. Pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Mind, Oz' second goal was a foot offside. Inept refereeing, not biased.

Well. Congrats to the nation whose people care about football for two weeks in 32 years.
    No offense, but that's a pretty ignorant comment for mine. It might not be our biggest sport in terms of viewership, but more kids play soccer than anything else here, and we certainly care about the game far more than the Americans. The reaction when Australia qualified for the world cup was immense, and crucially the disappointment was equally so on the last two occasions where we failed to qualify, not to mention the hype for the last 7 months. Some measure of success in this competition will only help to increase the profile of the sport here even more.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    To me, that's worthy of deportation.
    If he can play right wing back, well take him and send him to germany.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

**** YES!! WE ****ING DID IT! COME ON AUSTRALIA YOU ****ING HEROES! WE ****ING ****ED FIFA UP THE ****ING ****S! I'M ****ING SICK OF THEIR TOTAL ********! HAVE FUN CRYING ABOUT THAT ONE FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS YOU ****ING ****S FIFA! HAHA GHANA AND AUSTRALIA THROUGH! CRYING OVER EUROPE, ASIA AND THE US NOW NO DOUBT?? SERVES YOU THE **** RIGHT FOR BEING SUCH A ****IGN JOKE OF A PIECE OF A **** OF AN ORGANISATION! GRAHAM POLL IS ****ING KIDDING HIMSELF IF HE THINKS HE CAN REFEREE AT A DECENT STANDARD! SHIP HIM OFF TO CROATIA BECAUSE HIS WORLD CUP IS OVER WITH THEIRS!

**** YOU SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! ALL THOSE YEARS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND GOING TO THE AIS MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO LAND A FAIR TACKLE ON SOMEONE! BET HE'S ****ING HAPPY NOW! HAVE FUN IN CROATIA! I BET THEY DON'T EVEN WANT YOU EITHER

WE ****ING DOMINATED THE GAME AND ABSOLUTELY OUTCLASSED CROATIA IN EVERY FACET. PERHAPS THEY WON THE FIFA PREFERRED TEAM STAKES, THOUGH.

**** YOU JAPAN, **** YOU GRAHAM POLL, **** YOU CROATIA AND GET ****ED JOSIP SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! LUCAS NEILL IS GOD HIMSELF!

WE ****ING DID IT! WE'RE IN THE 2ND ****ING ROUND!! COME THE **** ON AUSTRALIA!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    What a great game. Harry Kewell was just phenomenal in that 2nd half, it's great to see him finally playing up to his ability, a far cry from the dark days under Farina. Also, just as a side note, is it just me visualizing Farina's management of Australia as being something like Homer at the 'plant?

That refereeing was a joke. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. First time I've seen Kalac play. Always knew he was back-up for Dida, but if this is how he is under pressure, what's he like in the fanatical Serie A?

What a fairytale, though.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    **** YES!! WE ****ING DID IT! COME ON AUSTRALIA YOU ****ING HEROES! WE ****ING ****ED FIFA UP THE ****ING ****S! I'M ****ING SICK OF THEIR TOTAL ********! HAVE FUN CRYING ABOUT THAT ONE FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS YOU ****ING ****S FIFA! HAHA GHANA AND AUSTRALIA THROUGH! CRYING OVER EUROPE, ASIA AND THE US NOW NO DOUBT?? SERVES YOU THE **** RIGHT FOR BEING SUCH A ****IGN JOKE OF A PIECE OF A **** OF AN ORGANISATION! GRAHAM POLL IS ****ING KIDDING HIMSELF IF HE THINKS HE CAN REFEREE AT A DECENT STANDARD! SHIP HIM OFF TO CROATIA BECAUSE HIS WORLD CUP IS OVER WITH THEIRS!

**** YOU SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! ALL THOSE YEARS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND GOING TO THE AIS MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO LAND A FAIR TACKLE ON SOMEONE! BET HE'S ****ING HAPPY NOW! HAVE FUN IN CROATIA! I BET THEY DON'T EVEN WANT YOU EITHER

WE ****ING DOMINATED THE GAME AND ABSOLUTELY OUTCLASSED CROATIA IN EVERY FACET. PERHAPS THEY WON THE FIFA PREFERRED TEAM STAKES, THOUGH.

**** YOU JAPAN, **** YOU GRAHAM POLL, **** YOU CROATIA AND GET ****ED JOSIP SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! LUCAS NEILL IS GOD HIMSELF!

This > Simon's Origin post.

P.S. I agree with sentiments above
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete

That's the World Cup for you good innit.
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Clutey - best post ever!
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Haha, classic Cloete right there.

Lol how passionate was Craig Foster at the end of the game when he was interviewed - onya Fozzie

But the ref did have a shocker though, Australia were denied two penalties, and then their was Siminuic (sp) getting sent off twice, but Kalac did have a chocker. His howler that led to the 2nd Croatian goal has not been seen since David James kept goal for England or when Roy Carroll was in the Manchester United goal.

That said, apart from being captain does Viduka really should be in the starting line-up?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Oh and I love the Brazilian national antheam.

Right up there with the French one.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    That said, apart from being captain does Viduka really should be in the starting line-up?
    Absolutely for mine. I think he's been among our best in two of the games so far. He was probably the best on the pitch after Cahill against Japan, and best after Kewell and Neill here. Does an excellent job holding up the ball, which is crucial for a team that doesn't play a pure running striker, and his physical strength causes defenders problems, sets up opportunities for others and draws penalties.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Absolutely for mine. I think he's been among our best in two of the games so far. He was probably the best on the pitch after Cahill against Japan, and best after Kewell and Neill here. Does an excellent job holding up the ball, which is crucial for a team that doesn't play a pure running striker, and his physical strength causes defenders problems, sets up opportunities for others and draws penalties.
    Totally agree. No better striker playing with his back to goal in the Premiership.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    You know my thoughts on him, so I won't bore you and the rest of the forum with them.

....overrated lardarse.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    No his fat and 5 goals in 35 odd games is not acceptable, has this man never played against Tonga.

Can not wait for Australia Italy, the dirtiest teams in the tournament facing off against each other. The midfield battle between Vince Grella and Gennaro Gattuso will be ugly.

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread Information