• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
TT Boy said:
Doubt Graham Poll will be getting many more games in this World Cup, absolutely moronic display from supposedly are best official.

Sad to see Croatia knocked out, nepotism aside I actually thought over the three games they were the second best team in the group and if they had a striker worth any salt they would have progressed. Credit to Australia though even with Kalac trying to lose the game for them they always stuck out and showed great fighting qualities throughout the tournament.
Sorry to get pedantic on you, but nepotism would involve you exerting some sort of power.

Which you obviously don't have because the Socceroos eliminated the (expletive epithet) Croatians.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
Sorry to get pedantic on you, but nepotism would involve you exerting some sort of power.

Which you obviously don't have because the Socceroos eliminated the (expletive epithet) Croatians.
Magical power?

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/nepotism

"Nepotism means favoring relatives or personal friends because of their relationship rather than because of their abilities."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pedro Delgado said:
Yes, steady on Brumbers.
I'm deeply embarrassed & ashamed by the whole sorry affair. I've clearly made grave errors of judgement that leave an indelible stain on my reputation.

Hence, I've decided to announce my retirement from frontline politics to spend more talking cobblers on internet forums.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I’m excited for your Aussies, even if you don’t have the support of the fishy Norwegian. I didn’t see the match, but it sounds as drama-filled as you’d hope for a do-or-die match.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's gonna be hard against Italy without Emerton, who I thought played really well. Pity.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Mind, Oz' second goal was a foot offside. Inept refereeing, not biased.

Well. Congrats to the nation whose people care about football for two weeks in 32 years.
No offense, but that's a pretty ignorant comment for mine. It might not be our biggest sport in terms of viewership, but more kids play soccer than anything else here, and we certainly care about the game far more than the Americans. The reaction when Australia qualified for the world cup was immense, and crucially the disappointment was equally so on the last two occasions where we failed to qualify, not to mention the hype for the last 7 months. Some measure of success in this competition will only help to increase the profile of the sport here even more.

Cloete

International Captain
**** YES!! WE ****ING DID IT! COME ON AUSTRALIA YOU ****ING HEROES! WE ****ING ****ED FIFA UP THE ****ING ****S! I'M ****ING SICK OF THEIR TOTAL ********! HAVE FUN CRYING ABOUT THAT ONE FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS YOU ****ING ****S FIFA! HAHA GHANA AND AUSTRALIA THROUGH! CRYING OVER EUROPE, ASIA AND THE US NOW NO DOUBT?? SERVES YOU THE **** RIGHT FOR BEING SUCH A ****IGN JOKE OF A PIECE OF A **** OF AN ORGANISATION! GRAHAM POLL IS ****ING KIDDING HIMSELF IF HE THINKS HE CAN REFEREE AT A DECENT STANDARD! SHIP HIM OFF TO CROATIA BECAUSE HIS WORLD CUP IS OVER WITH THEIRS!

**** YOU SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! ALL THOSE YEARS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND GOING TO THE AIS MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO LAND A FAIR TACKLE ON SOMEONE! BET HE'S ****ING HAPPY NOW! HAVE FUN IN CROATIA! I BET THEY DON'T EVEN WANT YOU EITHER :laugh:

WE ****ING DOMINATED THE GAME AND ABSOLUTELY OUTCLASSED CROATIA IN EVERY FACET. PERHAPS THEY WON THE FIFA PREFERRED TEAM STAKES, THOUGH.

**** YOU JAPAN, **** YOU GRAHAM POLL, **** YOU CROATIA AND GET ****ED JOSIP SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! LUCAS NEILL IS GOD HIMSELF!

WE ****ING DID IT! WE'RE IN THE 2ND ****ING ROUND!! COME THE **** ON AUSTRALIA! :D:D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
What a great game. Harry Kewell was just phenomenal in that 2nd half, it's great to see him finally playing up to his ability, a far cry from the dark days under Farina. Also, just as a side note, is it just me visualizing Farina's management of Australia as being something like Homer at the 'plant?

That refereeing was a joke. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. First time I've seen Kalac play. Always knew he was back-up for Dida, but if this is how he is under pressure, what's he like in the fanatical Serie A? :laugh:

What a fairytale, though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cloete said:
**** YES!! WE ****ING DID IT! COME ON AUSTRALIA YOU ****ING HEROES! WE ****ING ****ED FIFA UP THE ****ING ****S! I'M ****ING SICK OF THEIR TOTAL ********! HAVE FUN CRYING ABOUT THAT ONE FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS YOU ****ING ****S FIFA! HAHA GHANA AND AUSTRALIA THROUGH! CRYING OVER EUROPE, ASIA AND THE US NOW NO DOUBT?? SERVES YOU THE **** RIGHT FOR BEING SUCH A ****IGN JOKE OF A PIECE OF A **** OF AN ORGANISATION! GRAHAM POLL IS ****ING KIDDING HIMSELF IF HE THINKS HE CAN REFEREE AT A DECENT STANDARD! SHIP HIM OFF TO CROATIA BECAUSE HIS WORLD CUP IS OVER WITH THEIRS!

**** YOU SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! ALL THOSE YEARS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND GOING TO THE AIS MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO LAND A FAIR TACKLE ON SOMEONE! BET HE'S ****ING HAPPY NOW! HAVE FUN IN CROATIA! I BET THEY DON'T EVEN WANT YOU EITHER :laugh:

WE ****ING DOMINATED THE GAME AND ABSOLUTELY OUTCLASSED CROATIA IN EVERY FACET. PERHAPS THEY WON THE FIFA PREFERRED TEAM STAKES, THOUGH.

**** YOU JAPAN, **** YOU GRAHAM POLL, **** YOU CROATIA AND GET ****ED JOSIP SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! LUCAS NEILL IS GOD HIMSELF!

WE ****ING DID IT! WE'RE IN THE 2ND ****ING ROUND!! COME THE **** ON AUSTRALIA! :D:D

This > Simon's Origin post.

P.S. I agree with sentiments above :sleep:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Cloete said:

That's the World Cup for you :) good innit.

Craig

World Traveller
Lol how passionate was Craig Foster at the end of the game when he was interviewed - onya Fozzie :laugh:

But the ref did have a shocker though, Australia were denied two penalties, and then their was Siminuic (sp) getting sent off twice, but Kalac did have a chocker. His howler that led to the 2nd Croatian goal has not been seen since David James kept goal for England or when Roy Carroll was in the Manchester United goal.

That said, apart from being captain does Viduka really should be in the starting line-up?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
That said, apart from being captain does Viduka really should be in the starting line-up?
Absolutely for mine. I think he's been among our best in two of the games so far. He was probably the best on the pitch after Cahill against Japan, and best after Kewell and Neill here. Does an excellent job holding up the ball, which is crucial for a team that doesn't play a pure running striker, and his physical strength causes defenders problems, sets up opportunities for others and draws penalties.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Absolutely for mine. I think he's been among our best in two of the games so far. He was probably the best on the pitch after Cahill against Japan, and best after Kewell and Neill here. Does an excellent job holding up the ball, which is crucial for a team that doesn't play a pure running striker, and his physical strength causes defenders problems, sets up opportunities for others and draws penalties.
Totally agree. No better striker playing with his back to goal in the Premiership.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
You know my thoughts on him, so I won't bore you and the rest of the forum with them.

....overrated lardarse. :ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
No his fat and 5 goals in 35 odd games is not acceptable, has this man never played against Tonga.

Can not wait for Australia Italy, the dirtiest teams in the tournament facing off against each other. The midfield battle between Vince Grella and Gennaro Gattuso will be ugly.