• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ace was indeed something special.

There were matches when I don't think he went more than 20 yards from the centre spot, yet pulled every string going. Unfortunately there were other games when the play went 20 feet over his head.

Best midfielder to pull on a Derby shirt since Archie.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently, something in the vicinity of 2.5 million Australians will be tuning in to the match tonight, which begins at 5am in the east and 3am in the west, on a weekday morning. Quite a remarkable stat that, given the national population is only 20 million, and soccer is far from our most popular sport.

Hopefully we'll have something to cheer about at the end.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mixed feelings here.

I've always looked on Croatia as my 'second team' for the last decade, because of Asanovic and Stimac, two of the greatest players to pull on a Derby shirt, but some of you Aussies - well gosh, you're just all so nice and it'd be really difficult to root for the team your side are playing against.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Brazil looking sharp, flicking between the two. Robinho looks a dead cert to start in the next round, although Ronaldo is looking a little brighter than usual.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I was happy to hear Hall was ref for the game, but the Croats have been working on their melodramatics.

If the start is anything to go by, it's going to be another hour of Australia taking potshots in their goal. Croatia is terrible; why are they up?

Because it only takes one bloody setpiece...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia is I see...means ozzies will go through! Come on you ozzies!

GOAL!!! brazil ! awesome :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really glad to see Graham Poll finally give a penalty. I was one of those where you are half surprised the ref gives it - but oh dear. The rugby tackle on Viduka - what was that?

Two other observations -

Goalie - rubbish.
Kewell - show pony.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My how dodgy does Kalac look?! A seven-foot accident about to happen. Get him off!!

Good half from Oz, great patience once they went behind; trusted themselves enough to play possession & territory once they went behind. Good shout from Poll for the pen too; you cannot jump with your arm raised like that & get away with it.

C'mon Aussie!

Eeeuww, need a shower after that... ;)

Steulen

International Regular
Australia really playing well, smooth passing game. Hiddink in line for more wizardry.

And Ronaldo...go hide somewhere..lardbutt.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
pasag said:
Bloody hell. Rubbish goal keeping, were the on earth is scwartzer?
That's what I'm wondering. He did nothing wrong, in fact he was in very, very good form. Now they've swapped him for a cold Kalac. Awful decision.