Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 688

Thread: Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

  1. #211
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Brilliant performance by the Aussies . Well deserved win .

  2. #212
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Quote Originally Posted by social
    woo hoo

    great result for Aus - would've done game here no good at all to fall at first hurdle on back of dubious decision

    amazing to hear cars honking their horns at 1 a.m. to celebrate a victory over Japan in Germany by a team playing what, in reality, is our 4th ranked winter sport

    now if we can only have 11 players on the pitch for the Croatia match then who knows

    BTW Scaly, on the basis of their first match, whilst Liechtenstein might be crap, at least theyre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> entertaining than the English
    What's Liechtenstein being more entertaining than the English got to do with anything?

    With a total population of around 35000, they're hardly likely to find the next Peter Kay, are they?

    Incidentally, Liechtenstein drew 2-2 with Portugal during the qualification campaign.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

  3. #213
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,904
    Best sporting moment I`ve ever watched, including all cricket, AFL and the rest. Absolute cracker of a match, not much else to be said. Second half was brilliant, we were totally dominant. I though 3-1 was a very fair scoreline. Obviously their goal was ridiculous, but they were unlucky not to have others.

    Best night for a while, my drive home was awesome, regardless of my tiredness and having a lecture all today.
    Jesus saves

    proudly supporting Liverpool FC

  4. #214
    International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Warwickshire HQ
    Posts
    4,294
    3-1 was the same scoreline we beat england by hey?
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire


  5. #215
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,904
    Too true.

  6. #216
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    Best sporting moment I`ve ever watched, including all cricket, AFL and the rest. Absolute cracker of a match, not much else to be said. Second half was brilliant, we were totally dominant. I though 3-1 was a very fair scoreline. Obviously their goal was ridiculous, but they were unlucky not to have others.

    Best night for a while, my drive home was awesome, regardless of my tiredness and having a lecture all today.
    Spose you can't wait for the Croatia - Brazil game then?

    Would be ****ing brilliant if Brazil didn't progress, wouldn't it? So in a way I want Croatia t beat them, but I sotr of don't because if they do and we lost to brazil we'd have to beat croatia in the last game.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

    Blacks ftw

  7. #217
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Spose you can't wait for the Croatia - Brazil game then?

    Would be ****ing brilliant if Brazil didn't progress, wouldn't it? So in a way I want Croatia t beat them, but I sotr of don't because if they do and we lost to brazil we'd have to beat croatia in the last game.
    Did you see one of the recent Alpha magazines where Ronaldo claimed he had never heard of the likes of Viduka, Kewell, etc. except for John Aloisi (sp) because he plays in Spain.

    Now where is Kevin Muscat when you need him?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  8. #218
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Seeing the reaction in Australia, you would have thought Australia had won the final

  9. #219
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Did you see one of the recent Alpha magazines where Ronaldo claimed he had never heard of the likes of Viduka, Kewell, etc. except for John Aloisi (sp) because he plays in Spain.

    Now where is Kevin Muscat when you need him?
    *cough*

    You dream world cup final


  10. #220
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Seeing the reaction in Australia, you would have thought Australia had won the final
    If that happens, you guys might be even slightly more unbearable than normal (or is that a contradiction in terms?)


  11. #221
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,102
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    If that happens, you guys might be even slightly more unbearable than normal (or is that a contradiction in terms?)

    If it's any consolation, my only reservation in supporting the English side in this World Cup is the likely behaviour of you lot on this forum if you win.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  12. #222
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    If it's any consolation, my only reservation in supporting the English side in this World Cup is the likely behaviour of you lot on this forum if you win.
    The last time I looked, we didn't all have cockatiels as our avatars, so the reaction of some might be less jingoistic than you first thought.

    (looks at self)

    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

  13. #223
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,690
    Weeeeee...
    Captain for the Blues.

    Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.
    
    Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

  14. #224
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,690
    I've just read through 6 pages of chatter about the Australia v Japan game, and other than the fact that that match was brilliant, and i could well still be in shock f rom the result .... all I have to say is that Scaly and Marc are annoying ******s.

    Seriously, let up guys. One bashing Australia post is amusing, two is kind of funny, three is getting on ones nerves and 50 thousand on the trot is down right lame.

  15. #225
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis_Teh
    I've just read through 6 pages of chatter about the Australia v Japan game, and other than the fact that that match was brilliant, and i could well still be in shock f rom the result .... all I have to say is that Scaly and Marc are annoying ******s.

    Seriously, let up guys. One bashing Australia post is amusing, two is kind of funny, three is getting on ones nerves and 50 thousand on the trot is down right lame.
    Yes, but when you get to 50001, Aussie-bashing gets funny again, so perhaps they just haven't quite gone far enough.

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Group C: Argentina, Cote d'Ivoire, Serbia & Montenegro, Holland
    By vic_orthdox in forum 2006 Football World Cup - Germany
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 28-06-2006, 09:57 PM
  2. Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden
    By vic_orthdox in forum 2006 Football World Cup - Germany
    Replies: 391
    Last Post: 27-06-2006, 09:48 AM
  3. Group E: Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic
    By vic_orthdox in forum 2006 Football World Cup - Germany
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 25-06-2006, 07:11 AM
  4. Group D: Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal
    By vic_orthdox in forum 2006 Football World Cup - Germany
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 21-06-2006, 10:00 AM
  5. Group A: Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador
    By vic_orthdox in forum 2006 Football World Cup - Germany
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 16-06-2006, 06:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •